Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
DVU
Enthusiast - Level 2

I love that you restore chapters, however there are no reason to show me information about this "almost every time" I press DVR button.

Deleting watched recorded shows is an adventure.  Before it return me to list of recorded shows - now I need to esc from whatever garbage you put on my screen and press dvr again. The same problem when you try to set multiple shows to record - after setting 1st before upgrade you just press button back - now you forced to exit from guide and start your search again.  And every click has a 2-3 sec lag...

Just get OLD UI back.  You did not add anything, only made people aggravated.

Nate110
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am about to take my cable boxes beat them with baseball bat, drive to New York walk into the headquarters and throw them in the main hallway.

The lag, change of guide colors, font, I can not filter out stations to ones that I subscribe to, and I am to the point of canceling my TV just keep my internet and go from there.

G-S
Enthusiast - Level 3

Tremendous lag.  So so so frustrating.

Please roll it back.  

bigrec222
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can put up with the new menu, but the lag times are unacceptable, it may as well be DSL, it's not uncommon for it to take 30 seconds to a couple of minutes to respond to a command, sometimes just to change the channel, it's very frustrating. I don't know how much longer I can put up with it.

I've been a Verizon customer for many years, but lately, I've been looking for alternatives.

Newguideconcern
Enthusiast - Level 3

And even if you don’t think the customers are right, you need to remember that they are the customers and pay your salaries! It still galls me that VZ used my money to ruin a great guide. Where’s the COLORS? Why can’t we get an answer to that question in well over 1,000 complaints!

Newguideconcern
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am somewhat ashamed by telling how I “fixed” the lag problem. I gave VZ even MORE money and upgraded to Fios One! The delays are virtually gone. The other horrible changes are still there, but at least the crap shows up faster!

MaryFromMarylan
Enthusiast - Level 1

I cannot believe Verizon removed the single channel lineup from the Guide . It is very time consuming and visually confusing to scroll horizontally through a channel just to see what the next 5 to 10 shows are, especially movies which typically take up a 2 hour block. Also, Verizon MUST allow those customers with poor vision the ability to enable a Guide with larger channels numbers!

VZFiosGigUser
Enthusiast - Level 1

This update is ridiculous.  I have played around with the setting but nothing.  It is so sluggish, if you try to input the channel manually, it sometimes skips numbers, hard to follow the TV guide, extremely annoying the banner that comes up after one changes the channel.  TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE.

Findaway
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hit the nail on the head.  Channel surfing now super painful.  Barely used the guide before.  Will keep the internet but thinking of ditching the Fios TV.  I’d rather go back to Cablevision, they **bleep** too but at least the surfing is user friendly and no delay.  Plus, last channel button is instant and just what it should be, the LAST channel...  These are not tech companies they are old stagnant utilities.

Re: Fios interface Changes Based On Your Feedback!
fiosfrustrated6
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi

When will you remove the program info when using quick rewind or FF?

Also, the same for DVR.

It is killing a great feature for sports but now you have to go even further to watch as the banner is there.  We know what we are watching live or on DVR and the info banner is more of a distraction then help.

One more item, when scrolling though lineup using the down arrow and not the guide, previously you could put in a channel number and it would jump to give you info-now it tunes that channel when you just want a preview of what's on your next up

Thanks for attention to this