Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
F_PK
Enthusiast - Level 3

"gave VZ even MORE money and upgraded to Fios One! The delays are virtually gone"

THERE IT IS!!!!!  Verizon's marketing strategy exposed.

NewtownGrant20
Enthusiast - Level 1

1. Still experiencing serious lag for pause, rewind, FF, play of both live tv and DVR —especially pause and play. 
2. Still don’t have the channel logos in the guide. I rebooted both the box and the router in case this would have made a difference...it didn't. 
3. When are the color codes for shows going to be reinstated?

bristollucy
Contributor - Level 1

Should we not hold our breaths?

G-S
Enthusiast - Level 3

Lag is sooooooo bad.  I have to hit pause button 5 or 6 tines to actually pause a program.  Rewind and FF just as bad.

Bluespeyer
Enthusiast - Level 2

The lag is insufferable. What once was a smooth and enjoyable TV viewing experience is now intolerable. I've purchased a Roku stick for streaming and will be cancelling my Fios cable subscription. (I'm keeping internet – for now anyway – because it remains stellar.) I wonder if Verizon is purposely trying to drive people away from its cable service? I think they lose money on it every quarter, so maybe better for them not to have it. Sure doesn't seem like they're concerned about defections. 

Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
mfidelman1
Enthusiast - Level 2

For what it's worth, it's a lot better (but still not very good), after a reload & reboot of our cable box.  It's back to barely tolerable.

0 Likes
bristollucy
Contributor - Level 1

I wish I could say the same. 

0 Likes
2poodles1
Enthusiast - Level 3

The other night we were trying to find a game on ESPNU.  We couldn’t read the logos.  On our 65” TV.  Standing 3 feet away (no way we could read them from our seats 10’ away so we got up and moved closer).  Luckily, we have memorized the channel for ESPN and assumed ESPNU would be nearby, so clicked on each one, one by one, until we found it. Otherwise we might still be searching since channels aren’t color coded and many logos are unreadable. 

Most people would describe this as frustrating and annoying.

Verizon calls it an improvement. 

bristollucy
Contributor - Level 1

It's driving us crazy.  I think Verizon has no intention to make any return to the color channels or showing the channel numbers instead of the ridiculous "TV" column. 

Re: How I fixed my update problem!
zSkylar1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I bought a TiVo Bolt and cable card. I can use On Demand on another set top box. But for my primary watching room the TiVo can do 95% and the UI is such a pleasure. Upgraded the remote to back-lit (LUX remote). I couldn’t deal with this upgrade any longer.