Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
F_PK
Enthusiast - Level 3

Don't count on the 7.8 update to see much improvement. I had to go into the system info to see that INDEED, I had THAT update. You really couldn't notice the difference. The TIME LAG, repeated button presses, unanticipated occurrences, STILL HAPPENING!  Of course, we all can see Verizon's vision here. The few postings from subscribers that have switched / upgraded to FIOS ONE tell the story. Magically their issues are minor, if any. Verizon simply wants to coerce users to upgrade FIOS ONE (for an additional increase cost - OF COURSE) to get a satisfactory TV service. DISGUSTING!

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@F_PK wrote:

Don't count on the 7.8 update to see much improvement. I had to go into the system info to see that INDEED, I had THAT update. You really couldn't notice the difference. The TIME LAG, repeated button presses, unanticipated occurrences, STILL HAPPENING!  Of course, we all can see Verizon's vision here. The few postings from subscribers that have switched / upgraded to FIOS ONE tell the story. Magically their issues are minor, if any. Verizon simply wants to coerce users to upgrade FIOS ONE (for an additional increase cost - OF COURSE) to get a satisfactory TV service. DISGUSTING!

Whether intentional or not I believe the majority of the lagging issue is due to increased graphics load from the new guide. The 1100 boxes have older and more limited processors and ram compared to the Fios One boxes, kind of like trying to run Windows 10 on an XP certified box. It MIGHT work, but you are going to run into issues. Like Microsoft and Apple, you are being forced to finally upgrade in order to have a good experience with the system. I doubt there will be a way to improve the experience on the older hardware and still move into the future with graphics, 4K, and HDR programming. Not trying to excuse anybody, but just trying to point out it isn't unusual with tech advances.

Avalanche01
Enthusiast - Level 2

Having read through & followed this discussion from the beginning, would at first like to agree with the comments regarding the ridiculous lag times, the removal of previous features, and the overbloated & unnecessary ad screens that the set top box simply doesn't have the juice to handle. They might as well just add the Microsoft Windows spinning wait cursor to the middle of the screen to complete the effect.

Having said that, I'm just amazed at the absolute gall of marking the thread as "solved." Next, in all these pages I think I saw one comment from a moderator; that to the effect of "we're working on it."

I just have to wonder, when the Verizon execs go home, do any of them actually have Fios so that they're subject to how horrifically their service has declined? All the investment in infrastructure negated by a poorly implemented upgrade? There must be at least one of them absolutely livid.

So now that I own up to date intelligent tv's that readily switch between Netflix, HBO Max, Peacock, Disney+, CBS All access or any other app I want to add (the options for which appear to multiply daily), why am i paying $300/month for terrible service? Honestly, I must be the idiot!

Re: Fios interface Changes Based On Your Feedback!
TruthHurts1
Enthusiast - Level 1

1st off, this isn’t solved. 

2nd, the lack of color code guide is a disgrace. You stripped us of a feature in exchange for a crap user interface that requires multiple clicks to get to groups that are general and not specific to the content on in real time. ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX aren’t included in sports yet broadcast some of the most major sport events. 

This is a step back. More than one actually. This is a disgrace and the project manager for the user interface should be embarrassed. The whole team should be embarrassed. Please give us this feature back and show us you care. Oh, and by the way, aside from the color coded guide, if this is the best user interface you can put out in 2021... the entire team should be replaced and rebuilt from the ground up with a leader that understands ease of use. 

balls9
Enthusiast - Level 1

FIOS just can’t leave well enough alone. Until you start getting complaints you need to keep hands off what’s not broke. You really did it this time. The new guide is awful, and in doing so it has the worst hesitation in changing channels perhaps any one person have ever seen. Do us all a favor and restore back to old.

Newguideconcern
Enthusiast - Level 3

The only big grip is no colors...even on Fios One! No lag, all channels have logos. The older boxes must not have enough horsepower for the new stuff. Bring back the colors!!!

bristollucy
Contributor - Level 1

I guess there is no chance that I'll upgrade if the Guide colors are still missing.

0 Likes
jmichael5O5
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why is this saying "Solved"???? The lag time trying to navigate through the guide is INCREDIBLY slow!!!! Pressing the up and down button and trying to navigate the guide initially does nothing, until it actually does start to move. This was a horrible "Upgrade". Is there an actual fix being worked on this??? or is this the way it's going to be?

bristollucy
Contributor - Level 1

No, there is  no actual fix being worked on this. I don't think anyone is working on it. We are ignored. Management cares not a fig if we complain or not. Reminder, this is a Community Forum and not a company forum.

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@bristollucy wrote:

No, there is  no actual fix being worked on this. I don't think anyone is working on it. We are ignored. Management cares not a fig if we complain or not. Reminder, this is a Community Forum and not a company forum.

Sorry to say you are WRONG! This is a huge problem for management and is being worked on by the development team, so stop spreading false information. It takes a lot of time to re-develop what they have done, and the changes have to be approved by a government standards group after each change. That takes time. They do watch this group, that's why they posted SOLVED to let people know they see the issues. Looks to me the changes were made to compete with other providers MUCH slicker interfaces, but they went overboard on the graphics to work properly with the older hardware that was out there. Progress? Depends on how you look at it, but there are supposed to be future enhancements made that couldn't be done with the old interface. Not excusing anyone, but trying to correct a misinformed statement.