Series Recordings showing as "Manual" since latest update.
Guybyny

It appears that if I record a series through the website or through the Fios Ap it is given the name "Manual" in my series list, rather than the series name,  on my DVR.  It properly shows the series name on the website but the DVR is now virtually useless in managing series.

Anyone have a fix?   Verizon?

0 Likes
Re: Series Recordings showing as "Manual" since latest update.
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

The problem was caused in part by the fact that the shows in question are not currently on.  So that after the update, when it tries to reschedule, it can't find the show.

0 Likes
Guybyny

Not sure about that.   Shows like "Person of Interest."  came up "Manual"  and that show is currently on while "AGT"  showed up with its name intact. 

I believe  the bug is related to the source of the original recording- if it was scheduled remotely  via either the app or website then those got the "Manual"  name. 

Whatever the cause it is a bug that deters from the overall experience of Fios and needs to  be fixed. 

Fix it Verizon! 

0 Likes
bwh1
Contributor - Level 1
I don't think it has anything to do with using the app. The same thing happened to me and all of mine were scheduled directly on the DVR. Possibly a coincidence, but it looks like those series scheduled before I installed the external drive are the ones showing as Manual
Lak4404
I agreed, it doesn't have anything to do with the app. Most of my entries which are now "manual" are current programs that were also scheduled directly from dvr. Since I'm not using an external drive, I don't think that's the problem either. I've also noticed more frequent anomalies (hiccups) during the last month or so with the dvr. It seems to me, Verizon sent out a buggy update to the software.
0 Likes
michael224

I too have many of the shows listed on my DVR saying "Manual" rather than the actual series names and these shows are indeed on.   I set up ALL my shows directly via the DVR not on the web nor on the APP.  I have some shows listed correctly as the series name and SOME are old shows that I KNOW are not on right now and somehow those are correctly listed while others like Modern Family are shown as "Manual".   This is a bug!  Do I now have to go through and delete all the ones that say "Manual" and re-add them to get the real series names back on the list???   Verizon please help here.

0 Likes
bwh1
Contributor - Level 1
It appears that the ones that say Manual still record correctly. It is a pain, but it does show the title in the description. However, since the latest release, I keep losing new series that I try to schedule. You might want to check that you don't have that glitch before deleting and rescheduling.
0 Likes
miketx2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also have this problem.

FrustratedUser22
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is so sad these large corporations do not properly test their products before releasing them to the public.  Just because it can be updated later does not mean you should put out crap now.  This should have been caught in testing.  Maybe it was and Verizon just does not care.   The customer these days is only a source for executives' fat paychecks & bonus packages. It doesn't help that Verizon & Comcast are basically unrecognized monopolies.

Microsoft and the XBox One is another prime example as is BattleField 4 of a rushed product launch.   Such potential, but what utter crap at this time. 

Seems last nights firmware update and a local power outage have mutilated several local DVRs including mine now.  Verizon says Sorry.   Sorry doesn't cut it.

NotarySojac
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not true - fully a quarter of the 40 or so series recordings that are now named "Manual Series" in our DVR are shows that were currently on the schedule when the software update rolled out last month.

0 Likes