Service Currently Unavailable message
Pappydsp
Enthusiast - Level 3
I live in northern Delaware.  Recently, some of my HD channels have become "unavailable" to me.  I was able to receive all of the HD channels until about 3 days ago and then began noticing the "service currently unavailable" messages on some, but not all, of the HD channels.  Does anyone have a fix for this or know what's going on?  Thanks!
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Service Currently Unavailable message
HenryFarpolo
Contributor - Level 2

As of this morning, the channel realignment took place for Northern Delaware. Look through your channel guide. Any of your prior channels will have a note showing where the new channel is located. You should have received a notice and the new guide. 

You can find a copy of your new lineup here;   http://www22.verizon.com/Content/FiOSTV/ 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
HenryFarpolo
Contributor - Level 2

As of this morning, the channel realignment took place for Northern Delaware. Look through your channel guide. Any of your prior channels will have a note showing where the new channel is located. You should have received a notice and the new guide. 

You can find a copy of your new lineup here;   http://www22.verizon.com/Content/FiOSTV/ 

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
What? That's not what he asked. You better call Verizon, maybe you are having a signal problem for that many stations to be giving you that message.
0 Likes
HenryFarpolo
Contributor - Level 2

matcarl said....What? That's not what he asked. 

I knew that c- I got in reading comprehension would come back and haunt me some day. :smileyhappy:  

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
Like Matcarl said you probably have an RF signal problem to that box. You will need Verizon Fios repair to check the signal levels with a Sunrise Meter.
0 Likes
Pappydsp
Enthusiast - Level 3
Thanks to all of  you for your assistance.  My area is in the midst of a channel reallignment as you mentioned.  I'll wait until that is over with and if I still get the "Currently Unavailable" message, I'll call Verizon for support.
0 Likes
HenryFarpolo
Contributor - Level 2
Let us know how it comes out.
0 Likes
te7508

I had the same problem as the OP, but Verizon hasn't released the new channel guide.  Your link doesn't show the current listings.  I've figured out that the news networks (channel 80-90) are now in the 100 block, but I haven't the slightest idea where the HD channels are anymore.

Sorry, but Verizon = fail. 

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

te7508,

I don't know where you are located, but here is a link to all of the channel lineups by location (I think/hope it is a complete list): 

https://www98.verizon.com/content/fiostv/channel+lineup/channel+lineup.htm.

You need to scroll down quite a ways and you will see all of the lineups in the lower right part of the page. They are all PDFs. Hopefully you will find your area in the list, with the expected upgrade date if you have not gotten the new channels yet.

Justin
Verizon FiOS TV, Internet, and phone
Keller, TX

0 Likes
te7508

Certainly yes, I've been to that location several times today.  3 hours ago, it had incorrect information (e.g. CNN = 80, where it's now 100).

I just checked again one minute ago, and now the page produces nothing. (location = 19701 new castle county).

This is not a well managed rollout. 

0 Likes