Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

Service Currently Unavailable message

SOLVED
Pappydsp
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Service Currently Unavailable message

Message 1 of 14
(10,938 Views)
I live in northern Delaware.  Recently, some of my HD channels have become "unavailable" to me.  I was able to receive all of the HD channels until about 3 days ago and then began noticing the "service currently unavailable" messages on some, but not all, of the HD channels.  Does anyone have a fix for this or know what's going on?  Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HenryFarpolo
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Re: Service Currently Unavailable message

Message 2 of 14
(10,931 Views)

As of this morning, the channel realignment took place for Northern Delaware. Look through your channel guide. Any of your prior channels will have a note showing where the new channel is located. You should have received a notice and the new guide. 

You can find a copy of your new lineup here;   http://www22.verizon.com/Content/FiOSTV/ 

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HenryFarpolo
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 2 of 14
(10,932 Views)

As of this morning, the channel realignment took place for Northern Delaware. Look through your channel guide. Any of your prior channels will have a note showing where the new channel is located. You should have received a notice and the new guide. 

You can find a copy of your new lineup here;   http://www22.verizon.com/Content/FiOSTV/ 

matcarl
Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V

Message 3 of 14
(10,926 Views)
What? That's not what he asked. You better call Verizon, maybe you are having a signal problem for that many stations to be giving you that message.
HenryFarpolo
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 4 of 14
(10,905 Views)

matcarl said....What? That's not what he asked. 

I knew that c- I got in reading comprehension would come back and haunt me some day. :smileyhappy:  

Telcoguru
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 5 of 14
(10,863 Views)
Like Matcarl said you probably have an RF signal problem to that box. You will need Verizon Fios repair to check the signal levels with a Sunrise Meter.
Pappydsp
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 6 of 14
(10,834 Views)
Thanks to all of  you for your assistance.  My area is in the midst of a channel reallignment as you mentioned.  I'll wait until that is over with and if I still get the "Currently Unavailable" message, I'll call Verizon for support.
HenryFarpolo
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 7 of 14
(10,805 Views)
Let us know how it comes out.
te7508
Contributor
Contributor

Message 8 of 14
(10,779 Views)

I had the same problem as the OP, but Verizon hasn't released the new channel guide.  Your link doesn't show the current listings.  I've figured out that the news networks (channel 80-90) are now in the 100 block, but I haven't the slightest idea where the HD channels are anymore.

Sorry, but Verizon = fail. 

Justin
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 9 of 14
(10,775 Views)

te7508,

I don't know where you are located, but here is a link to all of the channel lineups by location (I think/hope it is a complete list): 

https://www98.verizon.com/content/fiostv/channel+lineup/channel+lineup.htm.

You need to scroll down quite a ways and you will see all of the lineups in the lower right part of the page. They are all PDFs. Hopefully you will find your area in the list, with the expected upgrade date if you have not gotten the new channels yet.

Justin
Verizon FiOS TV, Internet, and phone
Keller, TX

te7508
Contributor
Contributor

Message 10 of 14
(10,749 Views)

Certainly yes, I've been to that location several times today.  3 hours ago, it had incorrect information (e.g. CNN = 80, where it's now 100).

I just checked again one minute ago, and now the page produces nothing. (location = 19701 new castle county).

This is not a well managed rollout. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title