Set-top box channel change delay when set to record
Mrs_Dean_Wormer
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've been meaning to bring this up forever, so not new.  When I set the Fios set top box to record a show, and it needs to change the channel to do so, it puts up a warning screen (twice) which takes a minute or two go away and then, finally, changes the channel.  By this time, I've missed the first minute or two of whatever I was recording because it's still on the previous channel until the warnings stop.  Is there any way to override this? 

Stop warning me and just change the channel please!!

0 Likes
Re: Set-top box channel change delay when set to record
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What model STB do you have?

When I have seen this before, it shows up 1-2 minutes before the show comes on and it does switch.

Or people are watching a show and there are not enough tuners for all the shows that are either being watched or recorded.

Some people might want to watch the show they are watching rahter than switch.

0 Likes
Re: Set-top box channel change delay when set to record
Mrs_Dean_Wormer
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks!

I don' t have the set top box handy, but will check tonight.  It does eventually swtich over, just a minute or two into the program I am trying to record, and no one is interfering with it.  (We're recording because we're not there, typically.)

The warning signal does come on a minute or two beforehand.  It then goes away for a minute or two but then comes back for a minute or two (when it's supposed to have changed over.)  Then it FINALLY changes.

First world problem, of course, but it's just irritating!

0 Likes