Set-Top box does not support HD channels
cherylbarnes

Just ordered the boxing match ($69.00).  Veizon excepted my order but I cannot access the channel (1001).  Error message reads "This set-top box does not support HD channels."  Please help

0 Likes
Re: Set-Top box does not support HD channels
prisaz
Legend

@cherylbarnes wrote:

Just ordered the boxing match ($69.00).  Veizon excepted my order but I cannot access the channel (1001).  Error message reads "This set-top box does not support HD channels."  Please help

What model STB do you have? Some of those channels above 1000 may no longer work with the 6xxx series boxes, and for support such as your request. you need to contact Verizon directly. This is a Peer to Peer Support Community with customers helping customers, and this item can only be resolved by Verizon. If you can't watch it I would try to get the credit resolved ASAP.

http://www22.verizon.com/content/contactus/

0 Likes
JiveTurkey2
Contributor - Level 1

HD is not supported on the DCT700, QIP 2500, QIP 2708

HD *IS* supported on the QIP 6200, QIP 6416, QIP 7100, QIP 7216, and QIP 7232 (also on all Cisco set top boxes)

prisaz
Legend

I would also wonder if some of the new VOD content was, sent in MPEG4 format for HD. That is what I ment in my post. If that was the case, it would be an error on Verizon's part. QIP 6200, QIP 6416 do not support MPEG4. But I do not think they are sending any VOD content in that format. But If it were like a PPV event, it would not surprise me to see it like that, with an error message that did not make sense regarding HD if you have an HD STB or DVR. That is why I inquired regarding the box type.

Yes if purchasing someting, you should make sure if it says HD, and not SD HD, that you make sure you have the hardware that supports HD.

More information.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/Free-Replacement-of-QIP6200-and-QIP6416-ST...

0 Likes