Set top box- keeps re-setting.
wvig75
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello, 

I just got home and my set top box keeps re-setting it self every 2-3 minutes, all I see a dot blinking then it tries again. I tried unplugging it for about a minute then plugging back in, nothing, I tried re-booting my router and box and still nothing.  Any suggestions?  In myverizon site I can't even see my box to try to re-set it. Fios phone and internet are working just fine.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Set top box- keeps re-setting.
wvig75
Enthusiast - Level 3

Seems like I have a bad splitter. Verizon tech Alsonso helped out. Thanks Alsonso. 

View solution in original post

wvig75
Enthusiast - Level 3

Seems like I have a bad splitter. Verizon tech Alsonso helped out. Thanks Alsonso. 

wvig75
Enthusiast - Level 3

It wasn't my splitter. I had the same issues the day after with the box.  Had verizon send me a new box and is working now.

0 Likes
jeffbogart

I just upgraded to the new DVR box and I'm having the same issue.  They sent me a replacement box and it is doing the same thing.  Been on numerious calls with the tech guys.  I even tried moving to a 2nd TV as one of the tech guys told me they new boxes have trouble with HDMI and I should use composite cables.  I only want to use HDMI.  Waiting for box#3 to arrive.  Anybody else having this issue? If this keeps up I will get my old DVR box back that worked flawlessly. 

0 Likes
wakeup1

Seems Verizon has a bunch of bad set tops. I have had to replace 2 boxes so far in 3 months.  The long distance tech has me pulling wires, grounding cables, clicking my heels etc.   Telephone service stinks:,  Waiting and no results on phone or on-line.  Over $1500/yr for what.  I am glad I have other options.  Looking today. I hope corporate reads this.  No other place to complain. 

0 Likes
rdy105

I'm having the same problem - we just upgraded the DVR a few weeks ago and it has been nothing be trouble.  I was able to chat with a rep a couple of days ago, who reset the DVR, but that didn't fix it.  I called last night and was on hold for 50 minutes until I gave up.  Been on hold now for 20 minutes -- their chat is unavailable for some reason.  At this point, from what I've been reading about the newer DVR, I think I want my old box back!

0 Likes