Set top box problem with HDMI
silverado4x4
Contributor - Level 2

Just starting having this problem when I turn on the TV I will not have a picture sometimes I will have sound and if I unplug the hdmi from the set top box and plug back in everything will be ok if I turn the box and tv off again I have to do the process all over again. The box is a 7100-2 I have hdmi from box to soundbar then to tv, this problem just started a couple of days ago and it has been hooked up like this for a long time with no problems ,Verizon is no help as they did reboots which I have done and I also replaced the hdmi cables.          I did change out the to the other box that has the time display on the front and that works it's just the boxes that don't have the time display. 

0 Likes
Re: Set top box problem with HDMI
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you seen this ?

https://www.verizon.com/ForYourHome/VzRepair/VzIHA/Servicecad.aspx?ihaweb=FIX_STBREMOTE

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to let all of us know what did it for you and click the "Accept as Solution" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Don't think that is the problem.

Don't remember the techincal terms, but I seem to remember people complaining about an issue like this.

It has to do with HDMI handshake.

0 Likes
silverado4x4
Contributor - Level 2

Well just an update the other box with the time display on the front that was working  is doing the same thing as the other boxes and I know it was something verizon did because I have never had this problem before so I'll be on the phone again Friday and if they can't fix it I'll be jumping ship back to directv after being a customer for more then 10 years. 

0 Likes