Re: Set Top Box shutting off
qzxq13

@ Nan2527, That you! This has been driving me crazy.

0 Likes
mjg631
Enthusiast - Level 1

i also have been having a problem with my Set Top box shutting off, i just received a replacement one, should i try the Menu/Settings/TImer feature before i unplug the STB and put in the one Verizon sent me?

0 Likes
mjg631
Enthusiast - Level 1

just wanted to say thanks for that great suggestion, i talked on a live chat with a verizion customer and that  was never mentioned so now i can return the box they sent me. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
no2directv

Glad I found the suggestion to check the timer and to reset it to never. This has been driving me nuts for weeks.  This corresponded to the promotions upgrade that's under the Television setting.  Doesn't make sense that customer service wouldn't know about it.

0 Likes
Aequila

I have same problem recently with all 3 of my boxes.  I suspect a bad software or firmware update.

0 Likes
Aequila

This is the fix per my telcon with a Verizon Tec Rep

- Go to Menu..select Settings...then select Set Top Box... then select Select Sleep Timer...Set the sleep timer to "Never". 

Apparently the programmer who did the latest update had it set to 4 hours.  They definitely know about the problem now.

0 Likes
PRShuman

I had the problem with my DVR set top box turning off one in the evening and it ruined my taping of programs and it erased selectively all the programs on the DVR that I taped on that day.  I changed the sleep timer setting from 4 hours to NEVER. I still had the problem with the DVR set top box turning off around midnight. I phoned Verizon and described the problem. Somehow Verizon was able to fix the problem from their end. So the solution might not always be a change in the sleep timer setting. I read in the newspaper that the cable companies are vounteering a solution to the government to the problem that the set top boxes are energy hogs even when the TV is turned off. I believe inserting a sleep timer in the software was part of the cable companies solution without replacing all of the set top boxes. By the way, tonight I'm having trouble with one of my six set top boxes in that it keeps shutting off (going on stand by) every few hours. That box has no sleep timer program so I'll phone Verizon during the day tomorrow for a fix.

0 Likes
halt0000

I am having the same issue, just started a few days ago and my sleep timer was set to never already.  Even more annoying, all the stations are lost for hours after each restart since it has to re-download them.

0 Likes
bwh1
Contributor - Level 1
Did you get it resolved? I changed my timer to Never, but it seems to get a signal every night around 7:00 that reboots the STB. I lose DVR schedule changes every time this happens.
0 Likes
c1mermaid

When I turn my tv off for the night, my set top box turns off automatically and when I turn my tv on, my stb has to reboot as is I'm just installing it for the first time...it's annoying because I'm trying to get upstairs to the tv from the downstairs tv  and I end up missing some programming due to having to wait for the stb to boot up.  I just 'upgraded' to Quantum...don't seem like an upgrade to me.  Trying to get tech help is of no use....they say the wait time is 8 minutes so I wait on the phone and then after about 7 minutes....."click" they hang up on me.  I miss Comcast...hate to say it but it's been almost 2 years with Vx and I thought Quantum would be comparable...it's not....yet.

0 Likes