Set up MyFiOS Application DVR Manager on Android Tablet
btreloar1

I'm trying to sync my Android tablet with my DVR. But the Android option requires a phone number as though it only works with Android phones. My tablet is not a phone. How do I set up my tablert to control my DVR?

0 Likes
Re: Set up MyFiOS Application DVR Manager on Android Tablet
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

You cant use that option to program it. You can still go to the verizon.com website and  login with your credentials to program the DVR.

0 Likes
Willis1776

Is there a plan to support Android Tablets with a new update. It really is frustrating that a tablet that uses Wifi Only can't access dvr manager.

0 Likes
Netropy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agree.  This is a real limitation on non-phone type devices of which there are lots.  

The Apple side uses a PIN code versus the phone number (I assume because programs can't access the number in IOS) so it is possible to rely on a simple code versus the phone number.  The box doesn't care what's put in, it just wants to see match to the last 4 numbers which serve in the same way as a PIN.

0 Likes
gilcrest

Yeah, I'm having the same issue with the Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet I just got - so there's no workaround for this I take it, eh?

Thanks!

0 Likes