Severe DVR Lag
mdr227
Contributor - Level 1

We've had a problem with all of our 5 DVRs (one is a new one and the others are the 7200 or 6400 series grey boxes) where they all will often lag quite drastically to remote control commands.   For a few minutes it will work fine, then other times it will wait up to 30 seconds or more to respond to the remote control commands.   It will eventually do all of the commands after a minute or so, but for anything (switching channels, watching DVR content, pausing or rewinding live TV) we do with the remote it can be very, very long for anyting to respond.   If we wait a few minutes it goes back to working fine and then will revert to the lag issues.  I have changed batteries out of all of the remotes.

Has anyone had issues with this before and contacted Verizon support about it?  If so, what was the solution?

0 Likes
Re: Severe DVR Lag
Peter_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

Hello MrD

You don't say if this is happening when you are watching recordings on the DVR they are recorded on or if they are on other boxes, Please pull the power cord from all of your boxes and the router for about 30 seconds then reconnect it. If the issue persists reach back out to us  

Thanks

Peter C

0 Likes
mdr227
Contributor - Level 1

It happens in all cases - live TV and recordings.   I have tried unplugging and waiting then plugging the power cord back in on all of the DVRs and same issue continues to happen.   We had someone out in the Spring to troubleshoot an issue with Fox Soccer in HD and he replaced all of our connections in the hub and throughout the house so those are all new.   This only started happening after the 1.9 upgrade so it makes me think that is probably the cause.

0 Likes
Sheri75

We also have this same problem with both DVRs we have.  It's very frustrating.

0 Likes