Short, intermittent loss of signal
Glenn64

I have TV's with qam tuners connected directly to Fios with no settop box. I have recently noticed a short and intermittent (at least several times an hour) loss of signal on Philadelphia stations WPVI and WTXF ( virtual channels 6.1 and 29.1; Fios physical channels 77-1146 and 77-1145). This occurs on the HD feed only, not on the SD channels for those stations. On 2 TV's, this is just a minor annoyance. The screens go blank, then show "No Signal", then the normal video and sound returns, all in about 3 seconds. On my Samsung TV it is a real pain. The TV apparently considers this no longer a valid channel and changes the channel to the next valid one, and a rescan is needed to get it back.  Verizon customer support says that since I am not using a set top box they can't help me. I can only hope that someone from Verizon reads this and gets it fixed.

0 Likes
Re: Short, intermittent loss of signal
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Re: Short, intermittent loss of signal
Adam_VZ
Contributor - Level 2

Since this is affecting multiple TV's -- have you checked your connections at the splitter(s) and perhaps unscrew and then reconnect the coax?

Also - do you know if anyone has rebooted your ONT?  You can do this yourself by unplugging A/C power from the battery backup unit and then disconnecting the battery and leaving everything powered down for about 3-4 minutes.

To go any further, such as testing the line/ONT, I will need to retrieve some account information from you so please feel free to send me a PM.

Thanks!

0 Likes