Short Term Loss of Signal Using HDMI
Humble
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sony 32XBR1

Motorola 7216-1

Edmonds, WA

At the same time 1.6.1 was released, I had audio problems as well as the loss of video signal for a period of 1-3 seconds about twice an hour.  The audio problem seems to be resolved. 

I only watch HD.  When I lose my signal, I get a plain white screen and then it reconnects.   I used HDMI and have been pleased with my picture.  I called Tech Support and they tested my equipment remotely and suggested I had a bad HDMI cable.  I bought another HDMI cable and I would not be writing if that were the problem.   It does seem like a connection problem but I have checked all my connections and even removed and reinstalled my coaxi connections.  Of course, I have completed the circut on several occassions by rebooting the machine by pulling the plug, etc.

I put a compnent cable on the set today and I have not lost any signal that I am aware of.  However, the PQ on my Sony has deteriorated relative to the PQ when using HDMI.

Has anyone else experienced this loss of connection and were you able to resovle it and still use HDMI cables?

0 Likes