Signing into Verizon Fios Provider to view TNT shows online
lfrometa25

I've been a Verizon Fios customer for over 2 years now and can sign in to my account online but when I go to TNT.TV and it asks me to sign in to my cable provider to watch show episodes I put in my login information and it tells me that I have to subscribe to Fios TV. I do have Fios TV so why isn't it accepting my login??

0 Likes
Re: Signing into Verizon Fios Provider to view TNT shows online
Lee_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

We would need to look at the account to see if theres any errors or locks on it. I have sent you a private message to get your information.

Lee_vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
carolamrt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Lee_VZ I am having the same problem.  And when I google this problem I see this as a recurring problem going back at least three years.  Can you please help me as well.  This was working fine last week.  This week I can't view any TNT at all.  I just checked and got into Showtime.  I sure would like to be able to see the new Southland before it scrolls off.

0 Likes
mydyingbride
Enthusiast - Level 2

this happend to me before ...and just this morning too.

this is a flash player issue.

to ensure the login is successful, first update the browser's flash player at: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html

then check [and change if needed] the player's global settings, allowing TNT, speed2, etc., free access to the all the player's settings. especially important is to 'always allow' 'peer assisted networking' for each site. the 'always ask' choice will make the login fail. you may also want to set the storage space to 1MB instead of 100KB but that might not be needed. 

adjust these settings at:

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html

also make sure your browser's security and privacy settings aren't tinfoil hat tight, if it is relax it a bit for each site. you need activex and cookies.

~edit~

i know tnt and speed2 goes thru the flash player to login, sounds like showtime [and some other sites?] uses a different method to login. 

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@mydyingbride wrote:

this happend to me before ...and just this morning too.

this is a flash player issue.

to ensure the login is successful, first update the browser's flash player at: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html

then check [and change if needed] the player's global settings, allowing TNT, speed2, etc., free access to the all the player's settings. especially important is to 'always allow' 'peer assisted networking' for each site. the 'always ask' choice will make the login fail. you may also want to set the storage space to 1MB instead of 100KB but that might not be needed. 

adjust these settings at:

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html

also make sure your browser's security and privacy settings aren't tinfoil hat tight, if it is relax it a bit for each site. you need activex and cookies.

~edit~

i know tnt and speed2 goes thru the flash player to login, sounds like showtime [and some other sites?] uses a different method to login. 

I don't think you have to open up things so much (meaning reduce security settings).  I just tested using IE10 on Windows 8 in desktop mode.  These are the things I did for the CNN live straming through MyVerizon, and they worked for TNT too.

1. My cookies are set to accept first part, session cookies, and block third party cookies.

2. Using the flash control panel (not the settings website) I temporarily allowed flash sites to store data without prompt and cleared all existing sites.  I also did NOT enable pier assisted netowrk by using the flash settings site.

3. I logged into My Verizon and accessed the TNT on demand, which took me to a logging in screen with the flash circle going around, but nothing happened until I clicked the compatibility mode icon at which time I got the standard loging prompt, which I successfully did, and was able to get streaming video.

3. I then went back to the Flash control panel, set "ask me before allowing..." setting, opened up the local storage settings, and changed to "allow" the settings for entitlement.auth.adobe.com and anoter for z.dcn.turner.com (which Ibelieve is for CNN live streaming). 

Showtime, HBOGo, MaxGo do not use the adobe flash authorization scheme like the Turner networks (which include TNT and CNN) apparently do.

0 Likes