Re: Slow remotes for Quantum TV
WOFM1
Enthusiast - Level 2

thank you

0 Likes
LostinDE
Enthusiast - Level 2

WOFM, I'm having basically the same experience as you.  I have only been using the new VMS1100 box for a few weeks and have experienced all of the delay and non-response issues.  It started out just fine, but noticeably slower than my old box when it cam to changing channels and moving through the guide.  After a couple of weeks, the Play of a recorded program started to take 20 seconds or more before itv started.  I read the comments on the forum and did a reset of my box.  That improved the Play, but hitting the Record button for a program in the guide still is virtually non-responsive and locks the guide onscreen for several minutes.  My reset worked for about a day.

I've seen the comment that this forum is peer to peer, so Verizon does not take action on the complaints on here.  That is a very poor approach to customer service, especially when the actual cutomer service contacts are NOT any help.  They go through a script that is worse than Microsoft.  Verizon should be monitoring this forum becasue a SERIOUS problem exists with their "new and improved" product, and it isn't being addressed.

I would advise ANYONE considering the Quantum TV service to wait until the product is out of the testing stage, which it is clearly NOT at this point in time.  I will probably go back to the "old" equipment which worked and did what is was supposed to do.  It is extremely frustrating when Verizon doesn't acknowledge the problem and is dragging its feet on a fix.  I have received NO notice from them that there is an issue with a work-around or a fix in the works.

If there is ANYONE on this forum that has any factual information regarding the slow response of the new box, and the apparent degredation of response time over a period of time, PLEASE post the information.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

There is a Quantum firmware upgrade being rolled out over the next few weeks. All VHOs should be completed by the end of the month.

0 Likes
RDJim
Contributor - Level 1

Telcoguru, I'm curious as to why updates would be rolled out over a few weeks?  If  they have the code ready why not just push it out?

Also, we've had other updates release which were advertized to be fixing these problems.  So what's the story?  Did they not test their fix or are we the Guinea pigs?  How certain are you of this information?

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Telcoguru wrote:

There is a Quantum firmware upgrade being rolled out over the next few weeks. All VHOs should be completed by the end of the month.

Up until now all Quantum updates when to all boxes the same day.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

@JimHough wrote:

Telcoguru, I'm curious as to why updates would be rolled out over a few weeks?  If  they have the code ready why not just push it out?

Also, we've had other updates release which were advertized to be fixing these problems.  So what's the story?  Did they not test their fix or are we the Guinea pigs?  How certain are you of this information?

Each Video Hub Office is done individually.

0 Likes
rataylor

I hope the new pending update fixes the extremely slow response times on the Quantum TV. I really like FIOS but its gotten so slow it's almost unuseable. It took over 60 secs to schedule a show on the DVR today...and about the same to play one back!

0 Likes
BillyBeer
Enthusiast - Level 2

You can add one more customer to the list with all these symptoms.

0 Likes
jamierat70

Having same issues and all Verizon wants to do is send me a new box.

0 Likes
rataylor

Apparently I got an update last night because my server is set to stay on and it was off, which usually indicates an upgrade has been done overnight. In any case, my service is now working like it did when I first got it and I assume it was the upgrade since I didn't do anything! I hope the improved service lasts.....

0 Likes