Slow Set Top Box Responses New Fios Quantum Box
jvmendoza
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just wondering how many out there have experienced slow response times from the remote to the new Quantum settop boxs. Is this a known bug and will there be a patch anytime soon? 

Re: Slow Set Top Box Responses New Fios Quantum Box
jabredehorn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes!  I have noticed the same problem.  Very annoying to click 5 times only to have to wait for things to happen on screen.

splff30001
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have experienced the same. In fact, that was my very reason for coming here. This is very annoying and is almost a deal breaker for me. Any word on an update for this? 

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

In general, NO.  Many functions are actually faster, with some, e.g. jumping ahead to next week, much slower.

0 Likes
Rlr1231
Enthusiast - Level 1
Yes, I'm having this problem with 2 of my boxes. Actually now it will not play live tv. I have tried the reboot several times.
j9o
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too am having the same issue...  While I love that I can now reord more than two shows, when I try to retrieve recorded show list sometimes it just hangs and never loads list.  I hope they are planning to fix this issue soon.

Justin46
Legend

@j9o wrote:

I too am having the same issue...  While I love that I can now reord more than two shows, when I try to retrieve recorded show list sometimes it just hangs and never loads list.  I hope they are planning to fix this issue soon.

I have had Quantum TV for 4 months now, have never, ever experienced that. Yes, sometimes the user interface is somewhat slow, it is erratic with no pattern that I can figure out. But to not display a list in a reasonable time, no, not on the VMS itself or either client.

I suggest you shut down each of your boxes and then pull the power for 10-15 seconds, then plug them back in and restart them. Don't know if that will help, but a couple of times when my boxes had seemingly gotten slower than they had been, pulling the power seemed to improve things considerably (that was back in the first month or so, have not had to do it again since then).

Hope this helps.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
ivmost

I have been having very slow responses on setting program records, starting a recorded program (i.e. 15-20 seconds), sometimes search has nothing to search (but eventually comes back). Also, when doing skip ahead (30 seconds) on a recorded show it often ends up going backward and keeps returning to that same spot no mattter how many times I press the skip ahead. If I stop the program and then resume the program, then the skip ahead works again (for a little while). My DVR is the only cable box in the house.

0 Likes
RonTheRef1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I hav all these problems on both my DVRs

tightlines2
Enthusiast - Level 3
It's sluggish - there's no denying it - as I patiently wait for a software push which improves the performance.