Re: Slow Set Top Box Responses New Fios Quantum Box
Not applicable

Add me to the list also.  This is very frustrating because my previous Cisco equipment worked without issues.

I hit record and it must be 30 seconds before it schedules the recording.  I won't list all of my other issues because everyone has basically covered what I am experiencing.  

I am real close to ripping everything out of my house if Verizon doesn't fix this soon.

It's unacceptable to be paying for this premium service and be having such a horrible experience.

They need to work these issues out ASAP.

noexcuses2

I was having same problem, then tv quite working.  Main box would not update the time bedroom box would halfway work.  Spent 30 minutes on phone with techsupport.  He coud not fix it.  Ordered a work ticket and technician showed up the next day.  Right off the bat he knew what the problem was.  Bad network controller in the old FiOS control box.  20 minutes later I had TV and my remotes were responding like they should be.  internet also sped up to the 75+ speed I have been paying for over the past 4 months.

Problem is bad network controller.  If you upgrade to Quantum and have a control box older than 3yrs you need to have Verizon replace the controller or you will have response delays, intermitten TV service and slower than what you are paying for internet.

0 Likes
Stolog
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've been having the same issues and I know my ONT is more that 3 years old.  Is there a quick way to schedule Verizon to replace the old ONT or do I have to call in and spend an hour plus on the phone doing the things I've already done before they will schedule a service call?

0 Likes
nickm2

Same problems here so many I probably cant list them all.

Slow response on all menu screens.

Pressing the directional arrows on the remote to navigate menus always jumps two menu options at a time always have to press forward then back to get to the menu choice I want.

Playing anything from the DVR results in approximately a 1 minute wait till it starts playing and from the time of pressing play till it does start my TV screen goes black.

Pressing record takes almost 45 seconds for it to update the screen.

I have 1 main box and two client boxes all function as described  above.

System hangs all the time on pretty much any of the screens, DVR,GUIDE, etc...

If I had known it would be this bad I would have not agreed to upgrade to Quantum.

Even my old motorola boxes were slow and jerky but never this bad.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Mine seems to be getting worse.  When I go to watch a recorded show the delay and black screen before it starts playing seems to be getting longer.

0 Likes
elop1349
I actually logged in to see if anyone else is having the same issue.
Since there are users not experiencing he problem, I decided to try and solve the problem myself.

Luckily, it seems that the second thing I tried worked.
1. With the TV and dvr box currently on and broadcasting, I disconnected the coaxial cable from the wall and I did the same on the back of the box.
2. I reconnected the box and the screen was showing that there is an issue and offered to reboot.
3. I accepted the reboot and it took about 4-5 minutes for everything to reload.
After the reboot, the delay and lag is gone. Not sure how long it will last, but thought I would share.
0 Likes
Not applicable

I just unplugged the power to the dvr and let it reset.  It is much quicker now and the lag seems to be gone.  I am curious to see how long it lasts.

0 Likes
michaelg44
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am experiencing the same sluggish reactions from my new STB. Its also much worse with search and loading the program guide from more than a week out.  I can't believe I am paying more for a worse experience.  Has there been any official response or plan of action from Verizon?  Can this be fixed with an update or do we need new boxes?

0 Likes
Dante44bx

As I am a Huge Verizon Supporter, Both my Quantum Media Servers are slow and freeze up. Especially when I use on demand. I have replaced both boxes with verizon as per their request. Its oviously a software problem to affect both boxes. Anyway the problem still exists and I dont see any changes in the near future. Very Disappointed.

0 Likes
jimpro1
Enthusiast - Level 1

reboot works for about one day then the same crap happens all over again be glad when my contract is up

0 Likes