Re: Some recorded shows won't play back on 6416
Kent
Enthusiast - Level 3
I just realized that while this thread is about the 6416, I (like at least one another contributor) have the 7216. If they're both having this problem, that would seem to argue that the troubles lies with the firmware, no? Someone at Verizon told me that a new release is on its way over the next few weeks. My fear is that it won't address this issue because the relevant people at the company aren't aware that it exists.
newtocable
Enthusiast - Level 2

It would seem that it is the firmware then.  In my case, it also seemed to start with the release of the new release.  Verizon tech support claims to know nothing about it. They had me go through the usual troubleshooting to fix it. Not sure yet if anything helped. The reboot and initialization didn't allow an existing recorded show that wouldn't play, play.

0 Likes
charlesr

Same problem here. Verizon sent me new dvr and I still have the same problem. Seems to be a software/firmware problem.

Would like to see this fixed soon.

0 Likes
MichaelMidas

For people having this issue, can you please post the following information so we can try to isolate this issue: channels, programs, time of day for the recording, and state you are in.

Thanks

MM

0 Likes
elmontfios

I am having the same problem and it seems to have started recently. I've had FIOS for two years and never had this problem with this DVR before.

We are located in Elmont, NY. That is on Long Island.

We have seen this problem twice now. 

The other day we attempted to watch and episode of The Fringe, which is on Fox on Wed or Thursday. It was an episode from late January I think and it would not play. Other episodes that we taped were fine and other shows that we taped were fine.

This morning, my son attempted to watch and episode of Kick Butowski, which is on Disney XD on Saturday mornings and it would not play. Other episodes of that show that were recorded work fine.

After reading the other posts it seems to me that something was done on the firmware side that has caused this issue. This is a huge problem and Verizon had better fix it. There is nothing worse than recording a show and expecting to watch it and not being able to. After all that's why we pay for DVR.

0 Likes
Suzanne7777
Contributor - Level 1

I've had FIOs for two years with no technical issues up to now. 

I have a 7216 and did not have this problem until yesterday.  Only 60% of the hard drive is used.  Other shows taped last night, but the program after the Olympics didn't.  When you hit play, it just goes back to live tv even though it says it is 30 minutes long.  This really sucks because you never know if something might not tape.  It seems like things have been deteriorating since we "upgraded" to HD DVR and the 1.7.1 software was downloaded.  The series manager does not communicate with the Guide, either.

Another really annoying thing I've noticed is when you use the remote number buttons to change the channel, every second time, the channel automatically changes to 1952 - the Verizon channel.  It does not matter what buttons you push, it just automatically goes to that channel. 

The bigger Verizon gets, the further the service deteriorates--and now these cheesy technical issues.  Seems pretty embarrassing for such a large company.

0 Likes
sunny4jj

I am also having issues. I have Motorola 7216. I am new to fios and thought I might have done something wrong. Not new to DVR though so couldn't figure out what it was. Extremely annoying. I have had to call Verizon several times with other issues and don't want to call again! Do I have to? It seems they don't know what's going on anyway. What should we do? Does anyone know?

0 Likes
sunny4jj

1. Yes

2. 38% yes

3. Yes

0 Likes
alminxnj

Just ran into this issue tuesday of last week. We have a brand new 7216, and the drive is only 6% full.

We were able to manually record some Disney channel shows for our kids on tuesday 2/23 (just programmed a start time and an end time). Then, on saturday we tried to record from the programming menu, some specific shows. They appear in the Recorded programs menu, but when trying to play them, we get a few seconds freeze, and then go back to live programming.

0 Likes
newtocable
Enthusiast - Level 2

Live in Massachusetts.

Time of day, shows, channel, day of week, =  random

Started in December

Have been through the full reboot process. Still occurs

0 Likes