Re: Some recorded shows won't play back on 6416
MichaelMidas

Thanks to everyone for staying on topic and the information you are providing. We're collecting data on this issue and need to know specific channels, programs, time of day for the recording, and your state (NY, MA, etc) in order to isolate this issue as much as possible.

MM

0 Likes
Kent
Enthusiast - Level 3
The one playback problem I've had (on a 7216 STB) was an episode of "The Office" on channel 507 (NBC affiliate) -- recorded Feb. 4 at 9 p.m. I'm in Boston. Hope that helps.
0 Likes
Suzanne7777
Contributor - Level 1

HD STB 7216 -- version 1.7.1 -- Build Number  09.97

Date of show that would not play:  February 27

Time of show: 10:30  Marriage Ref on NBC

On March 2, Lost - set to record in Series Manager. I checked every few days for two weeks to make sure it was set to record, as the "check" on the shows to record in the guide disappear consistently  (I have to go through all the shows to make sure they are set, due to this issue).  At 9:10 I noticed Lost was not recording, and when I pushed the record button, A message box popped up, saying there was a conflict with a show set to record at 10pm!  I cancelled that show (which was lower in priority in the Series Manager, so should not have bumped Lost and there was not a time conflict).  Then it let me start to record Lost.  This was the first time that has happened, but it is really annoying that it would skip the recording for no reason.

It is also annoying to be paying more for this box, and having all of these problems with it.  I do not want to exchange the STB, as I doubt it will make a difference, as this thread shows.

0 Likes
Suzanne7777
Contributor - Level 1

Sorry--forgot to mention-- Florida--Tampa Bay area.

@Suzanne7777 wrote:

HD STB 7216 -- version 1.7.1 -- Build Number  09.97

Date of show that would not play:  February 27

Time of show: 10:30  Marriage Ref on NBC

On March 2, Lost - set to record in Series Manager. I checked every few days for two weeks to make sure it was set to record, as the "check" on the shows to record in the guide disappear consistently  (I have to go through all the shows to make sure they are set, due to this issue).  At 9:10 I noticed Lost was not recording, and when I pushed the record button, A message box popped up, saying there was a conflict with a show set to record at 10pm!  I cancelled that show (which was lower in priority in the Series Manager, so should not have bumped Lost and there was not a time conflict).  Then it let me start to record Lost.  This was the first time that has happened, but it is really annoying that it would skip the recording for no reason.

It is also annoying to be paying more for this box, and having all of these problems with it.  I do not want to exchange the STB, as I doubt it will make a difference, as this thread shows.

0 Likes
drakefantastic

HD STB 7216

Release: 1.7

Build Number  09.83

Problem: recorded show won't play, DVR reverts to live TV.

Shows that would not play:

March 2, The Biggest Loser, NBC, 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm.

notes: Recording was not extended past scheduled end. TV was being watched during the recording on the other tuner.

March 6, NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, Speed HD, 10:59 am to 3:30 pm.

notes: Recording was extended 60 minutes after scheduled ending.  TV was being watched whild recording took place.

Seriously Verizon?  The reason I pay you money is so that I can watch my TV shows. With this DVR (the only option that works with your service), I can only watch 20 hours of shows, and there is about a 1 in 10 chance that the DVR wont let me watch them.  So let's analyze this.  I work and do not have time to watch TV at scheduled times, but fortunatly, you provide a DVR.  The ONLY function of a DVR is to watch programs that I do not have time to watch.  So, if the DVR you provide does not work, I cannot watch TV.  This renders FIOS TV useless, and I will not pay for a service that I do not use.  And then there is anger I feel toward you when a show I am excited about fails to play.  I get some food set up, something to drink, i exhale and forget the worries of the day, and i press "play" on my DVR...and nothing happens.  Fortunatly I have not lost an important show.  If the DVR ever eats LOST or a Sprint Cup race, I will call everyone i know and tell them not to get FIOS.  I will then post on Facebook that FIOS TV eats shows.  I will then go to my job as a school teacher, and I will tell every student in every class to go home and tell their parents how FIOS TV eats your TV shows.  I will then offer extra credit for anyone who switches from FIOS TV to another provider...(ok, maybe the last threat was unethical...no extra credit).

To avoid the above threats, please give me the only two things i want in a DVR: the ability to record a buzillion HD shows and the ability to actually watch the shows I record. And I am willing to give up widgets to achieve these demands.

{edited for privacy}

Update: I have rebooted it, called tech support and they did something called re-niche (sp?)...I'm not really sure what that means, but the support guy said is was like a "super reboot"

0 Likes
Kat9

Happened with My First Place from Feb 2 or 9th.  Every time I tried to watch it it would state that there was an error and to try again at a later time.  I'm in NY

0 Likes
IMfromJersey

Happened last Thursday March 4th, 9-10PM Eastern time, episode of "the Office" on Channel 504 (NBC affiliate) does not play, reverts back to live TV. Other recordings on different channels do play. Any chance of getting this one back or should I just go to hulu.com or NBC.com and watch online.  Located in Arlington, VA

0 Likes
Lurker
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ugh!!! I just lost another 2 shows yesterday!!!! The 1st one took awhile to appear, probably I recorded 30+ times before I couldn't play a show yesterday afternoon then I recorded a few more shows and one from this morning couldn't play.

I'm in the NYC area with a 6416. Bug has been at least a 4 month+ problem, no help on the phone or any acknowledgment here. What is going on? This is huge problem with many subscribers and nothing from Verizon!

0 Likes
jeff52

I just spoke with a FIOS Tech (Melanie) at 888-553-1555.  She couldn't offer much in terms of retrieving a recorded program that wouldn't play but did make what might be a helpful preventive suggestion.  She said you could "flush the system" on the box by entering "4883" on the remote three times (i.e., "4883 OK", "4883 OK", 4883 OK").  Then reset the box.  She said this will clear out any corrupt data which could be present and a possible cause of this issue and (in theory, at least) elilminate or drastically reduce the chance of a recurrence of the "no playback" issue.  She assured me that doing this would have no ill effect on any recordings already present on the DVR.  Hope this might help, perhaps at least in a preventive sort of way.

0 Likes
GunnMstr

Same problem here with a Motorola 7216 - Boondock Saints, 6:30P on IFC (Ch. 894), 3/7.  Like other folks this has happened occasionally with other shows.   The freezing of the DVR and ON Demand screens is another annoying features.  Apparently, the FIOS software was written by engineers fired from Microsoft Vista.

0 Likes