Release: 1.7.1
Build Number: 09.97
Data Object Version Number: 09.97
Platform ID: QIP-7216 P1

DVR is 70% full

The following program recorded but won't play:

Caprica: The Imperfections of Memory, Channel 680 | Syfy HD

Recorded 1 Hr on on Fri 3/12, 08:59 PM

Attempting to play the recorded program returns immediately to the current live program.

The DVR was set to record the series which it has been doing fine for a weeks.  I noticed in the recorded programs that the DVR recorded a bunch of episodes today that I had previously recorded, watched, and deleted - why is it recording old shows?  Other shows it recorded today that all play fine:

Caprica: There is Another Sky, Chanel 680 | Syfy HD

Recorded 1 Hr on Fri 3/12, 07:00 PM

Caprica: Gravedancing, Chanel 680 | Syfy HD

Recorded 59 Mins, 59 Secs on Fri 3/12, 06:00 PM

Caprica: Reins of a Waterfall, Chanel 680 | Syfy HD

Recorded 59 Mins, 59 Secs on Fri 3/12, 05:00 PM

Caprica: Rebirth, Chanel 680 | Syfy HD

Recorded 59 Mins, 59 Secs on Fri 3/12, 04:00 PM

There were no other programs scheduled for today.  Other series set to record (in priority order): Lost, Caprica, Flash Forward, Heroes, and V.  Looking in the series manager for next week it looks like the DVR is planning to record lots of episodes that had previously been recorded, watched, and deleted.

Personal expression of frustration: Thanks Verizon for recording shows I've already seen and not letting me watch the 1 show I really wanted.

0 Likes
Re: Some recorded shows won't play back on 6416
t211flyer

Add me to the list.  I'm new to FIOS (installed 3/9), not new to DVR's.  This is upsetting, never had a problem with the DVR''s from the satellite company I just left.

Release: 1.7
Build Number: 09.83
Data Object Version Number: 09.83
Platform ID: QIP-7216 P1

DVR is 23% full

The following program recorded but won't play:

Caprica: The Imperfections of Memory, Channel 680 | Syfy HD

Recorded 1 Hr on on Fri 3/12, 08:59 PM

0 Likes
newtocable
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anyone viewing or posting on this blog about this problem call Verzion FIOS tech support. After 3 calls myself, they claim the problem does not exist. That they have never heard of it.

CALL!!!!! CALL !!!!!!!!!  CALL !!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
Kent
Enthusiast - Level 3
It just happened to me again -- this time with a movie I recorded via my computer through the website interface. It seemed to tape, but each time I tried to play it, there was a black screen for a few seconds and then I was returned to live TV. Impossible to acccess the movie. Surely Verizon has got to be aware of this, no? Yet another software update has come and gone without a fix.
0 Likes
Suzanne7777
Contributor - Level 1

Wow--I thought it this problem had been fixed.  Then:

Location -- Tampa

Dateline

Channel 508

April 5, 2010

2:30 am

59 minutes

It definitely is the HD STB. It  hasn't happened at all on the old 2716 I still have in the bedroom.

Someone had a theory that it only happens with shows recording after another show.  In this case, that is not true.  It said the recording was 59 minutes, and when I deleted it, the hard drive went from 78% to 73%.  So the "recording" is taking up space, and reporting stats like it recorded, but would not play--just reverted to live programming.

This sucks.

Could someone please let the developers know?  They seem to always be the last to find out according to Verizon tech support.

0 Likes
bimmerfios

I am having the same problem...verizon tech please help!

0 Likes
SnoopDC123
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had my old 6416 swapped out roughly 2 months ago in hopes of curing this problem and the new box seemed to be immune to the issue until last night. One of my wife's recorded shows will not play. Each time you hit "Play" the screen goes blank and the box goes back to live tv.

Location -- Newton, MA

The Martha Stewart Show

Channel 508

April 6, 2010

10:00 am

59 minutes

0 Likes
Nozirev
Enthusiast - Level 3

Happening to me too, my wife is sitting at the computer having to watch episodes of 24 on the Fox web site because the DVR recorded and won't play them back.

What's infuriating is that they have obviously made a corporate decision to sweep this under the rug and lie about it to customers until the problem can be quietly resolved. They won't respond to this thread, they are telling customers on the phone there is no problem, suggesting it is due to bad hard drives -- twisting and turning to avoid admitting they messed up and their software probably has a bug that has inconvenienced thousands of customers.

I'm starting to wonder why I put up with these Verizon DVRs with their weird quirks and software bugs. So many shows are available for streaming now, I can watch almost anything I want, when I want, without having to pay Verizon extra money every month for their DVR, or as I like to call it **bleep** Verizon Rubbish 😃

0 Likes
Lurker
Enthusiast - Level 2

This has been a 5+ month problem, I'm probably losing 6 recordings a month, depends how much I record.

Can't get anywhere on the phone, NO ONE who works for Verizon responds in this thread!

It's a firmware problem so FIX IT!!!!

What else can we do but to cancel Fios?

0 Likes