Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu

Some recorded shows won't play back on 6416

newtocable
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Some recorded shows won't play back on 6416

Message 41 of 84
(5,736 Views)

I've still been pursuing this with Verizon. Today I was on the phone regarding in Internet problem and mentioned this issue. He sent a update to the box , get this, that is supposed to fix the problem. Whether he was serious or just sent a reset only time will tell.

Call Verizon and get a supervisor if you can't get any help via standard tech support.

thiswateredone
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 42 of 84
(5,717 Views)

I had this issue happen to me on my 6416-2 DVR.  I did find a fix sort of, but you will need to have a HD STB (i.e 7100).  What I did was go to my 7100 HD STB and start the program that would not play on the 6416.  It played on the 7100.  I then hit stop on the 7100 and went back to my 6416-2 and selected the same program from the DVR list but instead hit "resume play" and it played.

I did notice that about 5 minutes of the beginning of the show was missing, possibly corrupt, but its better to lose the first 5 minutes than the entire hour.

Hope this helps some.

good luck.,

Suzanne7777
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 43 of 84
(5,544 Views)

Tampa, Florida

QUIP 7216

9am Sunday, May 2

Show was recorded, but will not play is:  'This Week' - ABC, Channel 511

Says it is 59 minutes long, but all I get is live tv when I try to play it.

This totally sucks, and I will bet that if I call tech support, all they will do is offer to send a new box.  Has ANYONE had this issue solved with a new box or any other way?

Do any Verizon "experts" have any solution at all?

drakefantastic
Contributor
Contributor

Message 44 of 84
(5,499 Views)

I had this problem a month or two ago (see my post on page 3 of this thread).  After clearing out the data on my DVR, this problem did not occur again until last night, 5/2/2010.  (Since the last time, my box has been flashed from 1.7 to 1.71.)  I called tech support, and the nice gentleman assured me that I was the only one that he has ever talked to who has experienced this problem.  He dutifully reset my box (the super reset that also clears out my favorites), and the player still would not play my program.  He said that he would send me a new DVR.  I really should have waited because I know full well that they have no idea what the problem is.  But there is a positive, since they have no idea what the problem is, when Verizon finally comes out with new DVRs, ones with more storage capacity than a PC from 1990, you can simply call and say that your DVR wont play a program, then demand a new DVR (which will probably let you record 25 hours of HD programming instead of the measly 20 that we currently get.).

Info

HD STB 7216

Release: 1.7.1

Build Number  09.97

Problem: recorded show won't play, DVR reverts to live TV.

Shows that will not play:

Family Guy

May 2, FOX (ch. 511), 9:00 pm to 10:00 pm.

notes: TV was being watched during the recording on the other tuner.

Lurker
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 45 of 84
(5,466 Views)

I didn't have any playback problems for like 2 to 3 weeks, I thought Verizon had finally sent something to the box and fixed the problem. Was feeling pretty good!

Yea right... One of my shows wouldn't play again and then in the span of 24 hours 4 to 5 shows that I recorded wouldn't play either!

So nothing wrong for like 2+ weeks then in a day I lost like 5 shows!

Now it's back to it's normal routine, recordings are working but it's just a matter of time when the bug hits again.

Suzanne7777
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 46 of 84
(5,434 Views)

@Lurker wrote:

I didn't have any playback problems for like 2 to 3 weeks, I thought Verizon had finally sent something to the box and fixed the problem. Was feeling pretty good!

Yea right... One of my shows wouldn't play again and then in the span of 24 hours 4 to 5 shows that I recorded wouldn't play either!

So nothing wrong for like 2+ weeks then in a day I lost like 5 shows!

Now it's back to it's normal routine, recordings are working but it's just a matter of time when the bug hits again.

This is actually really weird because I have not had this happen for a few weeks either.  Then on May 2 (same date as a poster above) I get a bad recording too.

I wonder if this actually happens during similar time periods.  Maybe some day in the near future, with all the new technology around, it will be fixed.  It's such a glaring defect in their product that you think they would be a little more concerned. The digital video recorder does not always record--duh.

Suzanne7777
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 47 of 84
(5,377 Views)

Tampa, Florida

QIP 7216

May 5, 2010

12:00 a.m.

Channel 550

Law and Order CI

DVR said recorded one hour.  Would not play at all.  Second time this week, and this is getting obnoxious.

teresa5182
Contributor
Contributor

Message 48 of 84
(5,233 Views)

Exactly the same problem happened for the first time last night.

SnoopDC123
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 49 of 84
(5,158 Views)

It happened once again. I've tried a new box. I"ve called Verizon and had them reboot my box. Nothing seems to work. It is interesting to note that it happened again to the same show at the same time.

Location -- Newton, MA

The Martha Stewart Show

Channel 508

May 13, 2010

10:00 am

59 minutes

SnoopDC123
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 50 of 84
(5,021 Views)

FYI - Here the response I got from Verizon Direct:

"That issue happens for two reasons, one of which has always been there which is if the DVR records on a channel that is unavailable at the time when the recording takes place, or if the channel goes unavailable while the recording is in progress.
The other cause is related to LOD files that are converted to recorded files, and there is a fix for that coming in IMG 1.8.

The current work around to fix this is
1. On the stb: Bring up OSD (power off + select + select)
2. on remote hit: Replay, DVR, DVR, DVR, FiOS TV within 5 secs
3. LED will say CLr: hit OK and box will reboot

If you do this you will lose all the recordings and all the schedules, but it allows you to start fresh."

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title