Re: Some recorded shows won't play back on 6416
djcasemore

This has happened to me twice. Same show both times (The Big Bang Theory).

Shows up in My Recordings as being there.

Hit "Play" and it returns to live TV.

NO other shows were set to record during that time.

NOBODY was watching TV during that time.

NO other shows were set to record BEFORE or AFTER The Big Bang Theory.

The DVR just plain-out hates The Big Bang Theory.

But I LOVE it and I'm vexed that I've missed two episodes. Yes, it vexes me! I'm VERY VEXED!

So VERIZON, I just love that you ran fiber optic cabling to my house. The phone and Internet service is unreal. The HDTV picture quality is second-to-none. I've even managed to straighten out my long national nightmare of billing problems. But the DVR is a **bleep**. Please, new hardware/software/firmware/underwear, whatever it takes.

Oh, and a bigger hard drive. Compared to the satellite and coax competition, your DVRs capacity is laughable. I pay you over $260 EACH MONTH (phone/Internet/FiOS TV/cellular package). Must I shell out even more and change my DVR to a TiVo?

I bet those boys on The Big Bang Theory could hack your worthless DVR and make it really awesome. But they live in Imagination Land and I'm stuck in Malwareville.

0 Likes
drakefantastic

So after complaining about this issue with my 7216, Verizon finally sent me a replacement (a 6416...now I am in harmony with the OP!).  Two days after setting up the new box, it happened again.  The issue is clearly software/hardware (hoping software and that the 1.8 fixes things). But I pay good money for a service that doesn't work as advertised.  I cannot watch my shows whenever and in any room.  That makes me a sucker, and I don't like being a sucker.  I will now commence advertising all of the true negatives about this DVR to my students and friends.  In addition, I will be calling billing to demand a price reduction.  I would drop Verizon at this point, but no one else gives me fast internet in my area, and dropping the package drives up my price.

Info

HD STB 6416

Release: 1.7.1

Build Number  09.97

Problem: recorded show won't play, DVR reverts to live TV.

Shows that will not play:

Family Guy

May 23, FOX (ch. 511), 9:00 pm to 10:00 pm.

0 Likes
Suzanne7777
Contributor - Level 1

Tampa, Florida

Channel 550

Law & Order Criminal Intent

June 1, 2010

Program recorded--stated 1 hour recording.  All I can get is live TV.  Will not play.

Is Verizon ever going to deal with this issue?  I cannot be bother calling Tech Support, waiting for 15 minutes so some tech resets my box or offers to send me a new one.

WHY CAN'T THEY FIX THIS? Has anyone tried to get a credit for this ripoff recording--not?

0 Likes
cprgolds
Enthusiast - Level 3

You can add me to the list....

Portland, OR

HD STB 6416

Release: 1.7.1

Build Number  09.97

Both time channel 508 (NBC)

1 instance Local 11 PM News

Other America's Got Talent

DVR < 50% full; Nothing else going on.

0 Likes
GWMPlum

We too have experienced this issue on 2 different occasions.  Both times on channel 504 (ABC HD).  First time was an episode of Lost (in March).  Second time today (Monday 6/14/10) episode of The Bachelorette.

81% space used

All previous recordings play back without a problem.

Very frustrating that you sit down to watch a favorite show and - Nothing.

We need a resolution to this problem!

0 Likes
cprgolds
Enthusiast - Level 3

Even more frustrating about this is, at least in my experience, when calling Tech Support, they act like this is an unknown problem and have "never heard of it".

At least this forum gives some comfort in the fact that I am not alone (or imagining things).

0 Likes
Lurker
Enthusiast - Level 2

You know what's sick? This forum is to help the customers. This thread is 6 pages long, has 5400+ views and I don't think even ONE moderator has commented on the problem!

Nothing, nada, zilch! They could say, we're looking into the problem or I say they have fowarded this thread to some higher ups and Verizon.

This problem started in December when they upgraded the firmware. 6+ freaking months. I have probably lost 30+ recordings in that span.

{please keep it relevant}

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Hello Lurker,

While a Verizon employee may occasionally post here, this community is meant mainly for peer-to-peer support. If you need to talk to a Verizon representative, you should contact customer service directly.

0 Likes
RG53

Six days ago, I switched to Verizon Fios TV - went to watch a show I recorded last night .... Merlin, SyFy channel, 10pm, Syracuse, NY ..... had the "won't play back problem."  It was the season finale and I'm upset about missing it.  Unfortunately, Merlin is not one of the shows recorded by Verizon On Demand.  Never had this problem with my Time Warner DVR and I find it unacceptable that this problem has been occurring since December 2009 with no resolution.

0 Likes
brown85

I have a 7216, same problem.

Arlington, VA

NBC Channel 504

America's Got Talent

7/14 9-10pm

0 Likes