Re: Some recorded shows won't play back on 6416
Fredburgguy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Release 1.8

Build 02.54

This problem occurred today with the CBS National New at 630-7 PM.

Might have to drop Verizon's box and get a Tivo.  Never had this problem with Tivo.

0 Likes
Lurker
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Fredburgguy wrote:

Release 1.8

Build 02.54

This problem occurred today with the CBS National New at 630-7 PM.

Might have to drop Verizon's box and get a Tivo.  Never had this problem with Tivo.

You still have the problem? =X

Ever since I got updated to 1.8 I haven't had 1 unplayable show in 2+ months

Depending on how much I record, I used to get about 6 unplayables a month...

Anyone else still getting unplayables?

0 Likes
newtocable
Enthusiast - Level 2

We were updated to 1.8 recently and 2 shows on the DVR that wouldn't play back now do.   So much for Verizon's claims that they had no knowledge of this being a common problem. They lied again.

Now if only they would fix the sound and picture dropouts. If not, bye bye Verizon.

0 Likes
alientookmybeer

Yes, Verizon, this is still an ongoing issue that needs to be addressed. Huh.. huh.. hello? Can you hear me now??

I had two recorded programs that were useless as recently as today, and many more over the last few months.

This issue needs to be escalated!

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Video / Audio Blanking out is an unrelated problem to what is being discussed here.

if you're picture is blanking out, try the SD override feature.  often times it's setting is what is causing the blanking out picture.

Go to menu > settings > video settings > SD Override  and if it's set to anything like 480 - then put it to the OFF position.

Also vice versa, sometimes the off is selected and your tv doesn't like it, so set it for 480i.

the audio may be related to the same problem, if the audio is still an issue let us know.   

0 Likes
Re: I Fixed the DVR Frozen Playback Problem!
Doreen246
Enthusiast - Level 1

After numerous attempts with Verizon to fix the frozen DVR playback problem rebooting, unplugging, resetting on the phone and through the FIOS diagnostic tool on the TV and the In-Home agent nothing worked.  I fixed the problem on my own online..

1.  On the Verizon website, up top click on the "SUPPORT" Tab  (menu will drop down)

2.  Click on "TV then "Fios TV"  page will open to "MY TV"

3.  Scroll down the page, it will say "My TV Troubleshooter"  *bookmark this page for future problems

4. Click open "DVR Not Working"  page will open to "Set Top Box Not working

5.  Click onto the  red "NEXT" tab   this page will show any power outages etc....

6.  Click onto the red "NEXT" tab again

7.  Select one or more Set Top Box(es) that's not playing your recorded (frozen) programs only

8.  Click onto the red "NEXT" tab

A green bar will run across your screen diagnosting and fixing the problems.  Once it finish, TAKE  THE VERIZON REMOTE TO THE STBOX THAT WASNT WORKING AND CLICK ON THE  DVR BUTTON.  GO TO RECORDED PROGRAMS> THEN> PLAY.  Your programs should play now.

9.  If repaired then check the "YES" My Problem Has Been Resolved.  If not  click "NO" for further repair   

0 Likes
3Baers

This problem is back for 2012!!! It ONLY happens for me on the USA network (Channel 550 in HD for Rockland county NY).

This has been the case for all shows for the past 2 weeks. My DVR only shows 54% full and it is doing it.

I will try the above procedure and see if it still works because I HATE having to call Verizon with any problems - SUCH a hassle!

0 Likes
mw73
Enthusiast - Level 3

It boggles the mind how Verizon can force such a crapy DVR / STB on its customers. Why can't someone just buy out Tivo already or at least steal away a few of their developers and create a system that actually works. I never had these issues when using Tivo DVR's. Now with verizon, they are weekly affairs. I've got a STB that refuses to play anything from the DVR. Nada, reboot, attepmpted to use the automated problem system on the verizon site, nada. What a total piece of crap!

0 Likes
DrOnet
Enthusiast - Level 2

And the problem continues on into 2013 (as it also happened sporadically through 2012). Just had it happen on a show I just recorded at 7pm TONIGHT and tried to watch it just now (8pm). As soon as we can - we are switching over to Dish.

0 Likes
DTSGrimm

I recorded a show on 3/3/2013.  tried to watch it a few hours later and it won't play. Shows all the shows details but still won't play. I've re initialized the DVR, left it unplugged for 30 minutes will all wiring disconnected, done all the resets and refresh.

nothing fixes it.  Sucks because the show is of my daughter on TV and we didnt' get to see it. VZ was absolutly no help when I called and the help desk guy was rather rude.  Not even a year in to my contract and already thinking of dropping them for poor customer service.

0 Likes