Sound on DVR Playback
Trieverfan

I have no sound after I fast forward my DVD.   I am using a remote set top box to control a multiroom DVD.   I need to either watch the commercials or do without sound.    Am I doing something wrong, or do I have a system problem that I need to contact Verizon about?   

0 Likes
Re: Sound on DVR Playback
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Hello,

Just to make sure I have this understood correctly, you are not able to hear sound after you press the FF button on the Verizon Remote control on your DVR?. Have you tried to powercycle the Set Top Box? Turn the Set Top Box off, unplug and plug back in.

If you still need assitance, please send me a PM.

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
Bddonahue
Enthusiast - Level 1
This same thing happens to my multi room dvr. Did this suggestion work?
0 Likes
mwdenio

I have the same issue with Cisco boxes on 1.9.  If I hit PAUSE then PLAY the sound comes back.

0 Likes
Dunton

I have the same problem and have contacted and complained to Verizon at least five times now and no one has an answer.  I received a new box and it does the same thing.  One of the main reasons to have a DVR is to FF and get rid of the junk.  They finally recognized the problem and said they are working on it.  How long does it take for someone to upgrade the software?  I will complain again and refuse to pay the charge.

0 Likes
sue223061
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have similar problem - no sound on DVR playback whether on DVR or set top box.  Rebooting didn't help.  Anyone have a solution?

0 Likes