Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu

Sound randomly drops out for 1 second very sporadic

Howie411
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Sound randomly drops out for 1 second very sporadic

Message 1 of 2
(594 Views)

So lately my sound drops out for about 1 second.  Its very sporadic.  I can be watching for 5 minutes, and it may happen 1 time or it may happen 3 or 4 times in that time.    I have Fios Quatumn and it only seems to happen on my main whole house DVR box which has an HDMI going to my TV and then an Optical cable from my tv to my soundbar.    I havent noticed it on any of my other TVs.  Now I also just had my outside FIOS box replaced 2 weeks ago and I didnt ever have this issue before then, so not sure if its related.

1 REPLY 1
CRobGauth
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Sound randomly drops out for 1 second very sporadic

Message 2 of 2
(592 Views)

Can you swap DVR with one of the other boxes to see if problem follows?

Are other tvs using HDMI? If so, try swapping cables.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title