****Standard Set Top Box/Menu Guide Problem****
texasaggieboy
I have a question concerning the interactive guide for a standard receiver. (Keep this in mind: I have my own DVD recorder and like to record three different shows daily while at work on three different channels with one at 8am, one at 11am. and the other at 1pm. during the day while I am at work). II I know you have reminders as an option but as I understand it, if I am not home to OK that reminder when it pops up, it will not switch to that channel. SO...does the interactive menu on your standard receiver have a function where I can set it up to switch to those three channels/programs everyday while I am away? In other words have an auto-tune? Does the standard receiver have the DVR tab in it's menu on there too and because I don't have a DVR it would just switch to that channel for me (and have options too like start 4 minutes early and end 5 minutes late from scheduled time) like I want and simply not have any DVR device to record to? My cable company has exactly that. The guide thinks it recording to a DVR device when in fact it is n't and gets the job done by switching the channel for me so my own personal DVD recorder gets the correct shows recorded. Please let me know back on this as its very important for me to know. Thanks!
0 Likes
Re: ****Standard Set Top Box/Menu Guide Problem****
CapnTrips
Contributor - Level 3

@texasaggieboy wrote:
I have a question concerning the interactive guide for a standard receiver. (Keep this in mind: I have my own DVD recorder and like to record three different shows daily while at work on three different channels with one at 8am, one at 11am. and the other at 1pm. during the day while I am at work). II I know you have reminders as an option but as I understand it, if I am not home to OK that reminder when it pops up, it will not switch to that channel. SO...does the interactive menu on your standard receiver have a function where I can set it up to switch to those three channels/programs everyday while I am away?

No.

texasaggieboy wrote: 
In other words have an auto-tune?

No.

@texasaggieboy wrote:
Does the standard receiver have the DVR tab in it's menu on there too and because I don't have a DVR it would just switch to that channel for me (and have options too like start 4 minutes early and end 5 minutes late from scheduled time) like I want and simply not have any DVR device to record to?

No.

texasaggieboy wrote: 
My cable company has exactly that. The guide thinks it recording to a DVR device when in fact it is n't and gets the job done by switching the channel for me so my own personal DVD recorder gets the correct shows recorded. Please let me know back on this as its very important for me to know. Thanks!

Interesting.

0 Likes