Status Reports while fast forwarding/reversing/pausing
steveski1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had a FIOS DVR for several years now and continue to be amazed that a box pops up on the screen to show channel, program info, etc. etc. when I am fast forwarding, reversing, or pausing.  Furthermore, the box stays up for about 5 seconds after hitting "play" again ...... which then covers up the content of what you're trying to watch ....... unless you push "Exit" which gets rid of it.  I can understand the need for the box if you are changing channels or just tuning on the TV ...... but why the need to show the box when you're simply operating within the same channel (or recorded program)??  I called FIOS tech support several years ago to see if I could customize this feature on my setup, either be eliminating it or reducing the time it is on the screen but was told it couldn't be changed.  Too bad.

Labels (1)
Re: Status Reports while fast forwarding/reversing/pausing
jesfine

I have exactly the same complaint.  Why its necessary to cover up the screen every time with the same information that you're not interested in is a "feature" that is not useful, is annoying, requires two hands on the control, or looking away from the screen to the remote so you hit the right button and needs to be fixed.  VERIZON PLEASE FIX THIS!!!

0 Likes
Re: Status Reports while fast forwarding/reversing/pausing
PJL
Master - Level 3

@jesfine wrote:

I have exactly the same complaint.  Why its necessary to cover up the screen every time with the same information that you're not interested in is a "feature" that is not useful, is annoying, requires two hands on the control, or looking away from the screen to the remote so you hit the right button and needs to be fixed.  VERIZON PLEASE FIX THIS!!!

You actually can't have the exact same complaint because things changed when IMG 1.9.1 was deployed.  Since this change, the skip function does not show the information bar anymore. The bar shows during fast forward to indicate how much you've fast-forwarded -- something I find very useful.  And you can set the time for the bar to disappear with fast forward (and channel changes for that matter) to as little as two seconds.