STB Freezing Intermittently
phurrballe1

I have 3 STB in my home. None have DVR.  All three intermittenlhy freeze for 2 seconds or so and it seems on one channel but I honestly have not watched long enough on other channels to see if it occurs there too.

The picture freezes, the sound stops and within 2 seconds it comes back. Sometimes it happens in rapid succession occuring every minute or so. It seemed to just have started within the last few days.

Is this something I need to call for support again because I am not having a great opinion so far of the FIOS product and will go back to cable if this conti ues. I have had several issues over the last 2 years, I do not like the STB for non-DVR in which there is no clock or channel indicator.There is just no real reason for me to keep this product if this continues and I need to keep calling customer service.

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: STB Freezing Intermittently
gamer99
Contributor - Level 1

sounds like a splitter issue. if you know where the main splitter is located. go ahead replace it.    Try getting a good splitter from 5MHz to 1000 MHz.   u can call to tech support see if they can run tests on the lines to see everything is good on the Verzion side.  In my opinion most likey it is a splitter issue.

good luck

0 Likes
phurrballe1

Thanks but not a splitter issue. I posted on two other forums and suddenly numerous people throughout the Long Island area are reporting the same thing as a response to my post. All say the same:  non-DVR STB's, various channels it is occuring on, picture freezes or sound chops out, just started in the last week or so.

Looks like I will have to call support which I dread because of the myriad of menu options. If this is not rectified immediately I am going back to Optimum, which is not great either but at least I can get service quicker and probably can get them to give me a good rate since I am unhappy with Verizon.

Very very disappointed with Verizon. I switched because cable was getting expensive. Rather pay a little more and have stable service than what I am receiving - and I am not paying a low rate either with Verizon.

0 Likes
CAG6
Enthusiast - Level 3

I also have been experiencing the same problem.  I first noticed this about a week or so ago.  It doesn't occur all the time. It only seems to occur on certain local commericals.  It hasn't occurred during any programs.  I haven't noticed it ocurring on the local channels, only on the cable channels.

We have 3 STBs and one DVR.  I've only seen this problem occur on the STBs, one in my bedroom and the other in the family room; the DVR is in the living room, and I don't  watch that TV that often.

0 Likes
CAG6
Enthusiast - Level 3

**UPDATE**

Since I last posted, the intermittent video freezing and audio skipping has stopped.  I didn't do anything; didn't contact Verizon. 

What I didn't mention before, the problem started after a snow event.  Maybe the snow, cold, wind, whatever affected the outside lines.  In any case, the problem has been corrected.

0 Likes