STB has no data after switching from Google Wifi router to Nest Wifi router
figtree1

I've had Google Wifi router and mesh wifi network setup with my Fios Internet and TV successfully for several years.

I don't remember how I originally set it up, but when I switched from the Google Wifi router to the Nest Wifi router, I basically just tried to re-create the same setup. The current setup has an ethernet cable from the wall jack to the WAN port on the Nest Wifi router and an ethernet cable from the Nest Wifi router to the WAN port on the G1100 Fios router. The Fios router also has a coax cable connected to it. 

Wifi / Internet access is working correctly through the Nest Wifi, and live TV is working fine through the STB. But the STB has no data connection (& hence no guide data).

The LAN light on the Fios router is on, but not the WAN light. I don't know if this is how it used to be (I'm guessing at some point I probably / maybe put the G1100 into bridge mode?), though I do know that before I swapped the routers the STB data was working well. 

I don't recall if there was anything else I did in terms of Google Wifi router config that I need to repeat for the Nest Wifi router.

I've tried restarting the G1100 and the STB multiple times.

Any suggestions for what I might try?

thanks very much for any help!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: STB has no data after switching from Google Wifi router to Nest Wifi router
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@figtree wrote:

I've had Google Wifi router and mesh wifi network setup with my Fios Internet and TV successfully for several years.

I don't remember how I originally set it up, but when I switched from the Google Wifi router to the Nest Wifi router, I basically just tried to re-create the same setup. The current setup has an ethernet cable from the wall jack to the WAN port on the Nest Wifi router and an ethernet cable from the Nest Wifi router to the WAN port on the G1100 Fios router. The Fios router also has a coax cable connected to it. 

Wifi / Internet access is working correctly through the Nest Wifi, and live TV is working fine through the STB. But the STB has no data connection (& hence no guide data).

The LAN light on the Fios router is on, but not the WAN light. I don't know if this is how it used to be (I'm guessing at some point I probably / maybe put the G1100 into bridge mode?), though I do know that before I swapped the routers the STB data was working well. 

I don't recall if there was anything else I did in terms of Google Wifi router config that I need to repeat for the Nest Wifi router.

This video may help:

https://vzfioscommunity.com/videos/cc-content/uploads/h264/IuuNRNfdi2k4WMPeCFEk.mp4

Or if you don't have Fios One boxes yet, look here:

https://forums.verizon.com/t5/fios-internet/using-your-own-router-with-verizon-fios/td-p/851632

View solution in original post

Re: STB has no data after switching from Google Wifi router to Nest Wifi router
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@figtree wrote:

This video may help:

https://vzfioscommunity.com/videos/cc-content/uploads/h264/IuuNRNfdi2k4WMPeCFEk.mp4

Or if you don't have Fios One boxes yet, look here:

https://forums.verizon.com/t5/fios-internet/using-your-own-router-with-verizon-fios/td-p/851632