Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

STB: New Messages

dexman
Gold Contributor II Gold Contributor II
Gold Contributor II

STB: New Messages

Message 1 of 3
(954 Views)

For testing purposes, I moved the coaxial cable from the back of the Arris Mini to the F connector on the back of my Samsung UN39FH5000FXZA television to see if it would receive unscrambled signals....It can/does.

While channel hopping, I came across a Verizon help/feature channel that had rotated through three messages.

One message mentioned that the red LED on the front of STBs will illuminate when there is a new message. The LED will turn off once all messages have been read.

I remember there being a red LED on the front of the old Motorola STBs but it never turned on except during reboots.

The Arris STBs also have a red LED but it, likewise, only illuminates during reboots.

Does anyone know when the feature will be enabled? 🤔

2 REPLIES 2
CRobGauth
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: STB: New Messages

Message 2 of 3
(698 Views)

I have the VMS/IPCs (precursor to the most recent STBs).

There is a mail icon on the screen that shows up when there are messages.

Looks like an envelope if I remember correctly.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
dexman
Gold Contributor II Gold Contributor II
Gold Contributor II

Re: STB: New Messages

Message 3 of 3
(694 Views)

No icons or LEDs to indicate new messages. Just manually navigate to the Menu/Settings/Message Center and see what it says. 🤔

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title