STB On Demand very slow, Freezes
Richard60

When accessing on demand shows, my STB usually takes up to 45 seconds to load the menu for a show, then another long delay to actually bring up the program. Frequently, the STB seems to be non responsive and then shuts down completely as if it is re booting. I changed from HDMI cable (installed by VZ) to the component cables sent by VZ but the issue still occurs. The cable change has seemed to solve the frequent pink screen problem when using the remote. I have to unplug the STB at least 2 times a week for this problem. I believe the box is bad.

0 Likes
Re: STB On Demand very slow, Freezes
prisaz
Legend

@Richard60 wrote:

When accessing on demand shows, my STB usually takes up to 45 seconds to load the menu for a show, then another long delay to actually bring up the program. Frequently, the STB seems to be non responsive and then shuts down completely as if it is re booting. I changed from HDMI cable (installed by VZ) to the component cables sent by VZ but the issue still occurs. The cable change has seemed to solve the frequent pink screen problem when using the remote. I have to unplug the STB at least 2 times a week for this problem. I believe the box is bad.

This could be a router issue, or other activity on the network.

Is this the only STB running VOD at the time?

Do you have internet service?

Have you tried to cycle the power on the router, or reset it back to factory default?

VOD and the guide comes over the Internet. Even if you do not subscribe to Internet service.

0 Likes