STB playback of Playlist from Media Manager Re-Orders Songs
PA15143
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a few playlists setup with the Media Manager software.

When I create the playlists, I put the songs in the order I want them to play.

When I play back the playlist from my STB, it ignores the order I placed the songs in AND it actually re-orders them on my PC in a completely different random order so when I go back to Media Manager, they are out of order.  I can't figure out how to stop this from occurring.  I even saved them to the cloud/Flex View Library hoping they would save there in the right order, but nope, they were re-ordered in a completely different order than the STB would put them in. I have the latest Media Manager software.  Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: STB playback of Playlist from Media Manager Re-Orders Songs
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Hello,

What order are they in? Alphabetical or something else intially and what are they changed to?

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
Re: STB playback of Playlist from Media Manager Re-Orders Songs
PA15143
Enthusiast - Level 2

The songs are initially in the order I want them to play in, you can drag songs up and down in the playlist to change the playback order. I get them set, then launch the playlist from the STB and the order is changed into a seemingly random order. 

I have tried adding the songs to the playlist in the order I want them to play and not adjusting them once they are in the list and they still change. It is very odd because I have moved them around to various positions in the order, but once I play from the STB, they always change back to the exact same sort order (that I don't want). The STB is triggering the re-sort based on some element that I can not figure out. It is not name of song, artist name, original track number, length.

0 Likes