STB responding to other remotes as if I pressed "0"
sureshot007

Ever since a recent update on the STB, the box will act as if I pressed "0" whenever I use the TV's remote.  Doesn't matter what button I press on the remote (volume up/down, input select, arrows, etc), the box reacts with another "0".  Also happens when I use the fios remote for volume control, since the fios volume uses the tv's remote code.

This is brand new behavior.  I have had this setup for at least a year now, and it only started with the new update to my stb.

0 Likes
Re: STB responding to other remotes as if I pressed "0"
JiveTurkey2
Contributor - Level 1

According to Verizon, it's a "known issue" with the new Cisco firmware upgrade.  They said network engineers are aware of it and are working to resolve "ASAP", so who knows when it'll be resolved.

0 Likes
tlb7
Contributor - Level 3

>>jiveturkey: According to Verizon, it's a "known issue" with the new Cisco firmware upgrade.  They said network engineers are aware of it and are working to resolve "ASAP", so who knows when it'll be resolved.

I have the Cisco CHS 335HDC stb and have not had the problem described with the recent stb update (to 1.9.4??? I think). Perhaps I'm just lucky...'-}}

0 Likes
JiveTurkey2
Contributor - Level 1

@tlb wrote:

>>jiveturkey: According to Verizon, it's a "known issue" with the new Cisco firmware upgrade.  They said network engineers are aware of it and are working to resolve "ASAP", so who knows when it'll be resolved.

I have the Cisco CHS 335HDC stb and have not had the problem described with the recent stb update (to 1.9.4??? I think). Perhaps I'm just lucky...'-}}

I believe the update is to 1.9.5, and it hasn't deployed nationwide yet....so hopefully it'll be fixed at the very least before it's rolled out elsewhere.

0 Likes
tlb7
Contributor - Level 3

>>jiveturkey: I believe the update is to 1.9.5, and it hasn't deployed nationwide yet....so hopefully it'll be fixed at the very least before it's rolled out elsewhere.

Oh...not good news AT ALL!

Apparently it was due to be released in the TX area today (11/14) but it's been delayed and maybe this problem is why.

0 Likes