STBs Going Out After Adding Extenders to G3100 Router
NCFCcanaries

I upgraded to g3100 router about two weeks ago  and have spent hours since trying to fix issues.  Never had any problems with Fios.  Got the router worked well but decided to get two extenders to cover the rest of the house.  Since then the internet had worked but the router connection to the coax for the set top boxes keeps going out.  It works for a bit after rebooting but then stops.  I had Verizon out, they replaced the splitters and ran a new direct coax line from the  basement to the attic.  That worked when the tech left but again the coax dropped after a few hours.   I called Verizon, they suggested replacing the router, I did and no change.   The white light on on the front of the routers and extenders but all the lights are out on the back of the router and the extenders.  The router is connected by Ethernet to the ont.  Any help would be appreciated. 

0 Likes
Re: STBs Going Out After Adding Extenders to G3100 Router
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@NCFCcanaries wrote:

I upgraded to g3100 router about two weeks ago  and have spent hours since trying to fix issues.  Never had any problems with Fios.  Got the router worked well but decided to get two extenders to cover the rest of the house.  Since then the internet had worked but the router connection to the coax for the set top boxes keeps going out.  It works for a bit after rebooting but then stops.  I had Verizon out, they replaced the splitters and ran a new direct coax line from the  basement to the attic.  That worked when the tech left but again the coax dropped after a few hours.   I called Verizon, they suggested replacing the router, I did and no change.   The white light on on the front of the routers and extenders but all the lights are out on the back of the router and the extenders.  The router is connected by Ethernet to the ont.  Any help would be appreciated. 

Have you tried setting the router to use static channels instead of automatic? Use a wifi sniffing app to find the best channels for your 2.4 and 5.0ghz channels, then set them up as fixed in the router.

0 Likes
NCFCcanaries

Thanks for the suggestion. Verizon tech just left, got a new ont, didn’t work.  Moved the router to the basement and plugged it directly into the Ethernet connection on the ont.  The lights still go out but so far everything is working.   

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@NCFCcanaries wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion. Verizon tech just left, got a new ont, didn’t work.  Moved the router to the basement and plugged it directly into the Ethernet connection on the ont.  The lights still go out but so far everything is working.   

Glad to hear it's all working for you.

0 Likes