Switch free dvr for free stb
HockeyFan1

I just signed up two weeks ago and now decided to get a Tivo.  I was waiting for esata to be available but had that with cablevision and decided I would be happier with a Tivo.

I was given a dvr which is free for 6 months.  Can I trade the Fios dvr for a HD stb and still take advantage of the 6 months free offer?  Do they provide the first cable card for free since its with their equipment?  The one for Tivo will cost me I know.

The video quality and internet speed differences coming from cablevision are unbelievable.Smiley Very Happy

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Switch free dvr for free stb
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is peer to peer user support forum, so no one here will be able to answer you authoritatively.   You'll have to call customer service to discuss specifics about your account.

With the said, it's highly unlikely.   The whole point of giving you the free DVR service is to get you "hooked" and wanting to continue with the service beyond the initial term.   Sure it's a real deal if you already planned to keep the service beyond the initial term, but it's also good marketing for Verizon services as well.  I would just order the cable card for the Tivo and hook it up and keep your DVR STB (even though you're only planning to use it as a regular STB) for the six month term.  At or near the end of the term, downgrade to a regular HD STB if you need it -- they'll send out a new STB and instructions on how to return the old unit.

0 Likes