Technician replaced my new upgraded DVR with an older model can't get the new model back
jh19691

I've had trouble w/ my DVR resetting itself.  I had this w/ my older model one and they sent a newer model replacement, in less than a month that one started resetting itself too.  They sent a techician and after finally arriving 1.25 hours after the appt window all he did was take my newer DVR and replaced it with an older one and didn't bother to check to see what could be causing this to happen w/ multiple DVR's which is why the appt was set up.  I've spent several hours on the phone with verizon trying to find out how to get the newer model back.  Tech support says they can't send me the newer model b/c I now have the older model, although that is what the first tech support guy did.  Tech support says billing has to do it.  I called customer service and that person said it had to be done online or through tech support.  I can't get a straight answer or find anywhere online to request the other model back.  Where do I go to get back the model that i had?  The guide features work much better on the newer model. 

0 Likes
Re: Technician replaced my new upgraded DVR with an older model can't get the new model back
feetfrst

Having same problem, tossed from Tech back to billing and around  and around, worst customer, tech support I ever encountered, been with Verizon 1 week after 7 Years with DirectV and may go back within the 30 days!!

Worst Customer Support of any Company ever dealt with!!

0 Likes
Re: Technician replaced my new upgraded DVR with an older model can't get the new model back
jh19691

yep, Tech support keeps saying I need to contact billing, billing says tech support, Billing put me on hold ot contact tech support and after 45 minutes the tech support guy came on and said, this is a bad connection, hang up and call back and then hung up on me.  The technician's manager won't return my calls, I'm calling him daily now and I have yet to get a response from anyone who I have talked too 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

@jh1969 wrote:

yep, Tech support keeps saying I need to contact billing, billing says tech support, Billing put me on hold ot contact tech support and after 45 minutes the tech support guy came on and said, this is a bad connection, hang up and call back and then hung up on me.  The technician's manager won't return my calls, I'm calling him daily now and I have yet to get a response from anyone who I have talked too 

0 Likes
Adam_VZ
Contributor - Level 2

jh,

I've sent you a PM to assist.  Please reply as soon as you can.  Thank you!

prisaz
Legend

Adam you may wish to PM feetfrst also, if they have not gone back. Regardless of how irate they may be.Smiley Wink 

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Feetfirst I have sent you a private message to get more information from you.

price3

Hello - I have the ditto problem. the technician came and installed an older model and swapped the new model. can you also send me the instructions to how to get the new model back? thanks.

0 Likes
ericbnl182
Enthusiast - Level 1

My high capacity Motorola  stopped working, dealt with tech support on all sides.  They had me return the dvr to the store (it was constantly rebooting) and all the store had was the standard dvr box.  After numerous phone calls and attempts at explaining the situation I finally had a tech support give a little assistance. 

There is nothing in place if your upgraded set top box fails.  After speaking with my 6th rep, he was able to refund my 39.99 (hopefully it shows up) and told to reapply through the website to regain my higher capacity dvr.  There is no way in their current system to replace the unit, very poor planning  indeed.  

This fiasco has me contemplating cancellation.  It is crazy that if you paid and had a upgraded dvr, and it later stops working  there is nothing anyone can do to send you another or move you to the top of the queue.  You have to wait and hope for the email, which I am hoping since I was already upgraded doesn't automatically get bypassed.  I guess time will tell what happens.  Needless to say I am extremely frustrated.

0 Likes
ericbnl182
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was contacted in regards to my above post, and all has been  straightened out.  Can't wait until I get my upgraded DVR... Thanks Verizon!

0 Likes