Thin line at top of HD channels
neojag

When watching a number of HD channels, there is a very thin line above the picture box.  The line looks like it is the bottom of the picture that was accidentally projected ontot he top of the picture.

I reset the reciever a few times and it goes away for a little while but seems to keep coming back.

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Thin line at top of HD channels
ak46
Enthusiast - Level 3

neojag,

Just so you dont think you are crazy, I see it too....  I think Ive seen mention of it on the forums in the past as well.

-ak

0 Likes
mabbatiello

i get the same thing.... it only happens if a NON-HD commercial is being broadcasted on an HD Channel...i've tried messing with the settings / HDMI cables...but i cant solve the mystery either..

0 Likes
TimB52

This is easy to fix.

When you see the thin line, go into the setup menu of your TV. Look through the menus until you find Vertical Positioning.
Just bump the picture upwards a notch or two.

That should do it!

0 Likes
Dintdoit
This is a very common problem, it has to do witht he way your TV interprets and displays the digital signal.  Sometimes it could be a bad HDMI cable.  I had this problem with my 32" Samsung but haven't had it at all with my 47" Olevia using the same cable box.  I had the same problem with Comcast using my 32" Samsung.  I never tried this, but you might try modifying the output resolution and/or 4:3 override setting on the box through the settings menu and see if that clears it up.
0 Likes
neojag

Mine is a constant line at the top of my HD channels.  It never goes away and doesn't matter if it's a HD program or non HD program on an HD channel.

0 Likes