Tiling and Pixelation on On Demand POOR SERVICE COMPLAINT!!!
JJames335
Enthusiast - Level 2

Over the past few months of having Verizon the On Demand Tiles and Pixelates and audio cuts in and out as well.  The online and phone support tells me its my router, boxes, wiring yada yada yada.  Then they send out 4 different Techs to look at the problem.  They have replace the ONT and it doesn't fix it. Then they move the ONT and does not fix it then they come in and say that what I am seeing on my screen happens at their switch station where my feeds come from.  HUH? so I have been wasting my time calling and chatting to get something done.  The Techs have been complaining about the Router at their station and apparently its "TOO EXPENSIVE" for Verizon to repair. Techs say because they don't have that many customers that use the service in my area.  I feel that what I pay per month on my bill this "not repairing the problem" is not acceptable.  I don't want to get rid of Verizon but if they don't want to fix the problem I will have to resort to canceling the service and obtaining someone to get out of the contract I am in.  Best way to get out of my contract is maybe to add up all the time I have spent with tech support and online and give them a bill back.  The funny thing is if I stream any other Internet Movie or Video service no tiling or pixelation.  There are no issues with regular TV or video only the On Demand Portion.  It is very frustrating when the family wants to sit down and watch a movie and cannot because the picture and audio is horrible and unwatchable.  If I try to rent a movie I have to call in to get a credit back.  This has been very frustrating and has wasted a ton of my time.  I am not sure where else to complain but here and then I guess I will have to take it to the local news media for a nice little run on the evening news.  Again I pay  per month for this service and I find it unacceptable for this to continue and be a hindrance to my life.  I need someone to help and please do not reset my ONT, receivers or router it is not that at all.  I have to go back and reset all my settings everytime.  

Re: Tiling and Pixelation on On Demand POOR SERVICE COMPLAINT!!!
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi JJames335,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hi JJames335,

While we're happy to help with any and all concerns with your FiOS account, we cannot take any action at all without your information. After multiple requests for that information in your Private Support Case without any response, we have now closed said case. If you still require assistance please make a new post.

-Adam_VZ

0 Likes
JJames335
Enthusiast - Level 2

appolgies but the forum settings keep resetting to my old email and i am not getting response to my complaint.  I have verified it twice now and will continue checking as I do not use my Verizon.net email

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi JJames335,

We have reopened your Private Support Case. Please access your case through your profile page by following the instructions posted earlier. The support agents do not monitor the public boards and will need to hear from you in the Private Support area before they can begin assisting you.

0 Likes
rgregory2002
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was curious if you ever got this resolved.  I have the same issue and same run-around from support. i dont have issue with Netfix nor regular TV.

YookEyer
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've got the same problem.  Interestingly, I have been unable to watch free On Demand TV shows ("Tiling and Pixelation") on the last three occasions that I tried (all in the evening, about a week between each attempt).  But I stayed home from work today and tried in late morning and had no problem.  I'm guessing there's a bandwidth issue.  I guess I'll try again some evening WHEN I ACTUALLY WANT TO WATCH THE SHOW, but I'm not too optimistic.

0 Likes
YookEyer
Enthusiast - Level 1

As expected, it appears to be related to time of day (bandwidth availability?):

-  2/17/15, 9:30pm - Tiling and Pixelation 

-  2/18/15, 7:45am - No problem.

0 Likes
kathyandemma

Having the same issue today.   Does anyone have a solution.  Oh how I miss the Blockbuster days.

0 Likes
YookEyer
Enthusiast - Level 1

Tried again, 2/19/15 and 2/20/15 in the evening and still have the problem.  I was hoping to get a response to these posts from the Verizon monitor, but no luck.  I'm going to try again to contact Support.

0 Likes