Tivo and Fios TV
sofademon
I am moving to a fios area and thinking about getting FIOS tv service.  I just won a tivo with a year subscription in a contest.  I think it is a tivo 2.  I understand that to use it I need an M-card.  I still want to be able to use the on demand and pay per view services, so does this mean I will need a set top box as well?  And can I have both devices connected to the same TV set?  Does anyone else do this, or is it easier to just get the Fios DVR?  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
0 Likes
Re: Tivo and Fios TV
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

Hate to burst your bubble, but the series 2 won't record directly from the FiOS system.  All the channels on FiOS are QAM (digital) and the Series 2 only records analog (cable or OTA which no longer exists).

From Wikipedia:

The Series2 standalones can only tune analog signals, so to comply with FCC rules on analog TV phaseout, models that record from over-the-air channels are no longer sold. The dual tuner (DT) models and the TCD542 (a revision of the TCD540) will only record from cable and satellite sources.

You will need a STB and an IR blaster to record anything and it also does not support HD.