TiVo and Verizon Set-top Boxes
ProllyNotHappy

I am thinking of replacing my Verizon home media center with a TiVo. Can I continue to use the standard Verizon set-top boxes in other rooms? I know I will not be able to access the TiVo recordings in those other rooms; that's OK. I just want the TiVo for the main viewing room.

0 Likes
Re: TiVo and Verizon Set-top Boxes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

yes thats fine. you can mix and match all you want. Just remember that the tivo will not get any of the Verizon interactive services. (VOD, widgets, MRDVR, etc.) Small price IMO. You'll just need a cable card from Verizon for the Tivo (I'm assuming its a series 3 Tivo)

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

@PaulMcG wrote:

I am thinking of replacing my Verizon home media center with a TiVo. Can I continue to use the standard Verizon set-top boxes in other rooms? I know I will not be able to access the TiVo recordings in those other rooms; that's OK. I just want the TiVo for the main viewing room.

It also probably goes without saying, but yes you can use the Standard Set top box in other rooms as long as those rooms are wired for fios, meaning that you have a live coax run going to that room, that is connected to the fios splitter and main coax feed.  Some rooms in your house "may" not be wired for fios, and you'll either need to run a coax yourself, or call customer service and ask for a fios technician and a cable jack installation (or you can hire a third party, like an electrician - sometimes cheaper)

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

My set up

1 TIVO HD

2 QIP2500 SD boxes

1 DTC700 Digital adaptor

Love my Tivo.

0 Likes