Dilbert66

Does Tivo work with Verizon Fios? Can I replace my Verizon set top box with a Tivo box, and if so, how much does it cost?

0 Likes
Re: TIVO
prisaz
Legend

@Dilbert66 wrote:

Does Tivo work with Verizon Fios? Can I replace my Verizon set top box with a Tivo box, and if so, how much does it cost?

My Cablecard cost $3.99 a month and the TiVo service is $12.95 or $20 depending on how you purchase the TiVO. If you buy a used one, it needs to be at least TiVO HD or better.

I like my TiVO but I am in the process of migrating back to all Verizon Equipment. If you order the HM/MRDVR you will recieve a discount based on the number of HD boxed. 3 or more. HDDVR counts as 1 + 2HDSTB nets you almost $6 credit add another and it is almost $11 credit. With new DVR software that should be available 1st quarter 2011, you will be able to add external srorage on the VZ DVRs. All my STBs are now HD and even the QIP7100 works with S-Video on the older tube TV and nets a good picture. It also allows you to view the HD channels in SD on none HD sets.

0 Likes
Re: TIVO
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@Dilbert66 wrote:

Keep in mind that while TiVO works with FiOS, you won't be able to get any VOD or widgets (these are provided by IP over coax [MoCA] which TiVO does not support).