To watch videos, you will need to subscribe to FiOS TV.
hchandler

I wanted to watch the full MTV Movie Awards online on the MTV website as I missed it the night that it came on. I tried to sign in using my Verizon account to watch it but apparently, I'm not subscribed to FiOS TV. If I'm correct, if I am subscribed, I should be able to watch cable television, which I am. So is there something that is not a part of my plan that came with this because I used to be able to use it before.

Sincerely,

LC

0 Likes
Re: To watch videos, you will need to subscribe to FiOS TV.
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you don't have FIOS TV service, you cant sign in to any of the cable channels.

Not sure why you used to be able to, but most channels are validating cable TV subscription for newer content.
Its the way they are fighting cord cutters.

0 Likes
Re: To watch videos, you will need to subscribe to FiOS TV.
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Common problem that is Usually to do with your setup.

A bunch of things lead to problems loging into HBO GO and many other Online Channel sites.

1. You must get HBO (or whatever channel you are trying to use) from Verizon
    2. At least the first time you may first have to sign out of the Verizon site.  It gets confused easily.
    3. You must allow third party cookies
    4. You must be running Flash for bro, Flash must be allowed to store info for third parties.  Not sure what is used instead for browsers without flash and device apps.
    5. You must not have your Browser options set to delete Information when exiting Browser.  Flash takes this as deleting information when exiting a site.

The general way it works is for you to go to HBO GO site.  Ask to look at something and it switches in a FRAME pointing to VERIZON and you signin. Verizon stores some information in flash and returns. That information must still be there so that HBO accepts you as authorized. 

0 Likes