Total Cost of Adding Additional Outlet
cagney101

Can someone PLEASE tell me the TOTAL cost for having another outlet installed?

0 Likes
Re: Total Cost of Adding Additional Outlet
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@cagney10 wrote:

Can someone PLEASE tell me the TOTAL cost for having another outlet installed?

More specifics as to what constitutes an outlet installed.  More than 3 during initial installation?  Totally new run of coax?  Just adding an STB to existing service (with coax in place)?

0 Likes
cagney101

Already have 6 other tvs...i just need an outlet installed in a room that does not have one now...so calling to ask them to come out, install one outlet.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

it was between 50 and 60 bux last time I had it done, so expect in or around that area. 

0 Likes
cagney101

exactly...the prior ones i had were 54.99 a piece, that is what they told me on the phone it would be

then i get the bill and they have billed me 54.99 for the outlet (they actually billed me for three outlets but i believe they have come to realize now that was incorrect and are removing the two extra charges)...BUT they also billed me 79.99 for a Tech Install.....i have argued on the phone with two customer service reps who seemed clueless. Could not tell me what the 79.99 was for other than 'it is what you are charged when someone comes to your house.'....okay, maybe when they come to help me set up something technical (internet, etc)...but i am being billed 54.99 for them to install the outlet, what is this 79.99 about??? i was not charged it before.

i am really really not wanting to pay this as a principal...and even to the point of considering leaving verizon when my plan expires (12/24/10).......i am so angry because noone seems to know what they are doing on the customer service end...i just wanted to see what other people have experienced price wise

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

the 79.99 sounds like a truck roll fee, I would imagine that it would be one price or the other but not both.   but I don't work for verizon so I couldn't tell you for sure.  maybe try the contact us section and see if they can assist you as well. 

http://www22.verizon.com/content/ContactUs/

0 Likes
PoloDude
Enthusiast - Level 2

The $79 is for the truck roll. the $54 is for the coax install.