Transfer dvr recordings to new box
Debbie210

I got the new Fios one boxes and can’t get my recordings on there. 

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Transfer dvr recordings to new box
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Debbie2 wrote:

I got the new Fios one boxes and can’t get my recordings on there. 

You cannot transfer recordings from the other DVR. The DVR is not meant for long term storage. If it fails or you get a new DVR you have to start  over. 

0 Likes
Debbie210

But I thought everything was stored on the cloud.

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Debbie2 wrote:

But I thought everything was stored on the cloud.

Unfortunately no the recordings are not on the cloud. All Verizon DVRs have an internal hard drive. A 1 TB hard drive for FiOS TV One. 

There is a setting you can go into the old box and select "Export Settings to Cloud". Then when activating the new one it will ask to import settings from a specific box. That just refers to importing series settings. 

MrDVR
Enthusiast - Level 1

Comcast uses cloud backup to transfer data when you switch boxes.  Also, a DVR is merely a computer with a hard drive.  There is NO REASON this cannot be done.

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@MrDVR wrote:

Comcast uses cloud backup to transfer data when you switch boxes.  Also, a DVR is merely a computer with a hard drive.  There is NO REASON this cannot be done.

It absolutely can be done, but for whatever reason Verizon has never offered a cloud DVR. Maybe they will in the future. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

They have to ensure that you can only transfer to another stb but no other device that would allow you to save the programs. That is due to contractual agreements with content providers.

kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes