Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

transfering cable card from old device to new device how to activate

SOLVED
Angieq
Contributor
Contributor

transfering cable card from old device to new device how to activate

Message 1 of 2
(2,292 Views)

We just purchased a new TiVo box and are transfering the cable card from the old to the new. But while we can watch tv our preimum channels are not available. How do we activate the card to work with the new DVR??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Seeker1437
Gold Contributor I Gold Contributor I
Gold Contributor I

Re: transfering cable card from old device to new device how to activate

Message 2 of 2
(2,241 Views)

Hi there, I am sorry to hear you are having issues moving your CableCARD to a new host device.

Typically, when a CableCARD is moved to a new host, it must be "validated" in order to receive "high value" channels such as the missing premium channels.

I would recommend calling into Technical Support for help with this process.

Your device should have a utility in place that should allow you to get the following information which should help with making the call a smooth experience:

The Host ID, Card ID, and Data ID

If you have more than one CableCARD, be sure to also have the CableCARD's serial number as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Seeker1437
Gold Contributor I Gold Contributor I
Gold Contributor I

Re: transfering cable card from old device to new device how to activate

Message 2 of 2
(2,242 Views)

Hi there, I am sorry to hear you are having issues moving your CableCARD to a new host device.

Typically, when a CableCARD is moved to a new host, it must be "validated" in order to receive "high value" channels such as the missing premium channels.

I would recommend calling into Technical Support for help with this process.

Your device should have a utility in place that should allow you to get the following information which should help with making the call a smooth experience:

The Host ID, Card ID, and Data ID

If you have more than one CableCARD, be sure to also have the CableCARD's serial number as well.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title