trouble programming remote for Sony Bravia TV
sgfeltman
Enthusiast - Level 1

We have FIOS for TV.  We were given remote controls for our televisions when we signed up for FIOS. 

We have a Sony Bravia television, which I am unable to program to use with the remote control.  To turn on this TV, I first use the FIOS remote to turn on the cable box, and then I use the TV remote to turn the TV on and off, and to adjust the volume.  I use the FIOS remote to change the channels.  Needless to say, this is not what I had in mind.

My other televisions work fine with the FIOS remote.

Does anyone know the proper code for the Sony Bravia television, so I can program the remote?  I tried contacting Sony, but they said to contact the remote control manufacturer.

Thanks -

sgfeltman

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: trouble programming remote for Sony Bravia TV
andy9798
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you are certain the code for Sony does not work find your remote on this page:

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/FiOSTV/Remote+Controls/SetUp/SetUp.htm

Select "Existing code for my TV doesn't work". Follow the instructions. If this does not work you will need to try a code search for your remote.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

andy9798
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you are certain the code for Sony does not work find your remote on this page:

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/FiOSTV/Remote+Controls/SetUp/SetUp.htm

Select "Existing code for my TV doesn't work". Follow the instructions. If this does not work you will need to try a code search for your remote.

Hope this helps

sgfeltman
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you!  I will give it a try this weekend.

I appreciate your help.

sgfeltman

0 Likes
sgfeltman
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried following the instructions for setting up the remote control if the remote codes are invalid or unknown.  I tried four times, very carefully, and have even changed the batteries in the remote - but still it does not turn on or off the TV.  Here's what I did:

Following the instructions, when you get to the part where you enter "922", and then you point the remote towards the tv and press the upper part of the Play button, the tv suddenly turns off.  Great, I thought, I've got it - that's the right code.  I then pressed OK on the remote to assign the code in my remote control.  Finished.

So it should now turn the tv on and off, you would think.  Wrong.  The remote control does not turn the tv on or off; I still need to use the television's remote control to do that.  I tried both pressing the on/off button by itself on the remote, and pressing first set-top box and then on/off, and neither will turn on the tv.  I also tried going back and following the entire procedure again, pressing Play and then Forward, even though by the time I press Forward the tv is off. 

Any ideas what I should try?

Thanks very much -

sgfeltman

0 Likes
sgfeltman
Enthusiast - Level 1

Eureka!  I did it!  I tried a whole list of codes (which did not work), and then went back to your original advice and tried one more time, this time making sure to press "play" and then "forward" (even though the tv had already turned off before I could finish), and then "OK", and this time it worked.

Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction -

sgfeltman

0 Likes
andy9798
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's great! Consider writing down exactly what you did in case the remote ever needs to be programmed again.

0 Likes
Jerseygeek

Did this link move? Also I want to be sure it relates to the newer motorola Fios STD

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over eleven years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes