trying to record on my DVD recorder from Fios STB model IPC 4100
Phildoe1

Bought a HDMI to RCA cable converter and no success. I need to also buy a HDMI splitter so I can hook up directly to TV. Why cant i record off this box like the older Fios boxes which were NOT HD. ??? Comments please

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: trying to record on my DVD recorder from Fios STB model IPC 4100
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Phildoe wrote:

Bought a HDMI to RCA cable converter and no success. I need to also buy a HDMI splitter so I can hook up directly to TV. Why cant i record off this box like the older Fios boxes which were NOT HD. ??? Comments please

Are you trying to do it from a Mini? If so you need to use the 3/8" to RCA adapter that came with it. The mini does NOT output video from the RCA jacks. You can only have one cable connected at a time, IE only HDMI or only Composite(RCA), that applies to the main box too. Either way you cannot record from HDMI as it is copy-protected. You have to convert to analog to record. You could use an HDMI distribution amp to get two HDMI streams, then convert one to analog to record, sending the other to the TV.

View solution in original post

Re: trying to record on my DVD recorder from Fios STB model IPC 4100
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Phildoe wrote:

Are you trying to do it from a Mini? If so you need to use the 3/8" to RCA adapter that came with it. The mini does NOT output video from the RCA jacks. You can only have one cable connected at a time, IE only HDMI or only Composite(RCA), that applies to the main box too. Either way you cannot record from HDMI as it is copy-protected. You have to convert to analog to record. You could use an HDMI distribution amp to get two HDMI streams, then convert one to analog to record, sending the other to the TV.