Tune to other Channel that's already recording while it's recording
jscooper22
Enthusiast - Level 3

Maybe this is just the result of a horrible UI, but if I'm recording two shows, I'm on one of the channels (obviously), and want to switch to the other one LIVE (not go to the DVR and "play" what's recorded so far from the beginning), is this possible?

Example: We're recording channel 508 and 509. I'm on 508 but want to switch to 509.  I cannot channel up or enter 509. It tells me that I'd need to cancel one recording. But I'm not going to a 3rd channel!

Any way around this?

Thanks,

Jeff

0 Likes
Re: Tune to other Channel that's already recording while it's recording
Justin46
Legend

@jscooper22 wrote:

Maybe this is just the result of a horrible UI, but if I'm recording two shows, I'm on one of the channels (obviously), and want to switch to the other one LIVE (not go to the DVR and "play" what's recorded so far from the beginning), is this possible?

Example: We're recording channel 508 and 509. I'm on 508 but want to switch to 509.  I cannot channel up or enter 509. It tells me that I'd need to cancel one recording. But I'm not going to a 3rd channel!

Any way around this?

Thanks,

Jeff

I can't reproduce your problem.

1) I started recording 600 and 618, but purposely used the Channel Up button to go from 600 to 618, thus stopping on two intermediate channels. Doing it this way, the Last button does not work, but entering the channel number (600 or 0600, 618 or 0618) most definitely worked. I also went into the Guide and selected the other channel from it, and that worked.

2) I then cancelled the recording on 600, went to the already recording channel 618, then down to 617 and started recording that channel. Doing it that way allowed me to use the Last button to switch between 617 and 618 in either direction, as well as use the Channel Up/Down buttons and selection from the Guide.

So to me, my DVR (QIP7232) is working correctly. What model DVR do you have? And what level of the IMG? Were your recordings started by being scheduled or did you start them manually (I have no idea if that makes any difference)?

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
Re: Tune to other Channel that's already recording while it's recording
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

As Justin said yeah its fussy and won't let you do that, although it really should.

You can go to it by going to DVR and picking the recording or by selecting the channel.

0 Likes